Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe-a convo zone, August 23rd, 2002 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80827)

Lady Blue03 08-23-2002 09:41 PM

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=010433;p =1

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=010397;p =1

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

*no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner
* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!
* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)
* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

Cloudy,
your hostess [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Lady Blue,
Your offical music provider and unoffical cappucino server [img]graemlins/music05.gif[/img]

http://www.wizardrealm.com/images/cloudy_cafe.gif

Lady Blue03 08-23-2002 09:44 PM

<font color=pink>Hey everyone [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well marching is finally done for the week, so i get to relax my feet for a bit. Monday and Tuesday are our last days, then i get Wednesday off, then MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THURSDAY!!!! :D

How are you all? I'll be random and say that one side of my body is tanned from marching and one side isnt :D </font>

dizzy 08-23-2002 09:47 PM

Hi Jen! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Happy early birthday babe! Nine days and counting till I ship out.

Lady Blue03 08-23-2002 09:53 PM

<font color=pink>Hello Josh [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks 4 the early HB, i can't wait, Mark's band is playing :D

K, im goin ta look at concert tickets now, catch ya guys a bit later [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] </font>

johnny 08-23-2002 10:29 PM

Have fun Blue :D

Glorfindel 08-23-2002 11:08 PM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS">Later Jen [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hi everbody else.... anything interesting happenin? </font>

Glorfindel 08-23-2002 11:16 PM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> Well Im off to play a bit of AOE2 online... cya's all later... if I come back on before Im off to a party... yay!</font>

Megabot 08-24-2002 12:31 AM

Hi all at last IW is back again [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Willard 08-24-2002 12:37 AM

Yeah, I was afraid that I was going to have to throw my computer yet again... and those flies were driving me nuts. :D

Megabot 08-24-2002 12:39 AM

Do you have flies there Willard? LOL i hate those to haha! :D

Willard 08-24-2002 12:44 AM

Deer Flies are the worst... but I also hate Time Flies. Yuck!
Mosquitoes are real dangerous this time of year, especially because of <U>West Nile Virus</u> ! Watch out for that, it's spreading real fast. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Belle 08-24-2002 02:23 AM

Hi everyone,
Wow, what a day is has been. I am up because I can't sleep, Azred is asleep, he has to get up at 5:30 to be in downtown dallas at 8:00 for some kind of class or something like that. I have had a migraine all day, see, I have been on atkins since April and have not had one bite of icecream since then, except for starbucks when I am bad. Anyway, to get back to the story, I had a rootbeer float today and it was a bad thing to do, believe me, my head is telling me about it at this very moment. Part of the headache might be that I haven't cried all day. You see, today, 8 years ago my daughter, who was 9 days old, died from heart complications. Sorry to dump all this on everyone here. I know that some people don't like to hear about sad stuff like this. I miss her very much, but I am determined not to cry. Azred needs his sleep, so I am not going to wake him up. He is so sweet, he will let me cry on his shoulder anytime if I needed to. Azred's business he just got into is getting off of the ground, but heck, I have had faith in him the whole entire time. Really, lol. So, I will be hanging around. Talk to you soon, thanks, Belle

SomeGuy 08-24-2002 09:04 AM

Wassop people! What all happened while a big storm attacked us last night?

johnny 08-24-2002 09:38 AM

Take care Belle.

Talthyr Malkaviel 08-24-2002 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Belle:
Hi everyone,
Wow, what a day is has been. I am up because I can't sleep, Azred is asleep, he has to get up at 5:30 to be in downtown dallas at 8:00 for some kind of class or something like that. I have had a migraine all day, see, I have been on atkins since April and have not had one bite of icecream since then, except for starbucks when I am bad. Anyway, to get back to the story, I had a rootbeer float today and it was a bad thing to do, believe me, my head is telling me about it at this very moment. Part of the headache might be that I haven't cried all day. You see, today, 8 years ago my daughter, who was 9 days old, died from heart complications. Sorry to dump all this on everyone here. I know that some people don't like to hear about sad stuff like this. I miss her very much, but I am determined not to cry. Azred needs his sleep, so I am not going to wake him up. He is so sweet, he will let me cry on his shoulder anytime if I needed to. Azred's business he just got into is getting off of the ground, but heck, I have had faith in him the whole entire time. Really, lol. So, I will be hanging around. Talk to you soon, thanks, Belle

Well, I suppose the least us IWers can offer is a virtual shoulder to cry on. [img]smile.gif[/img]
And when Azred next checks in, good to hear about prospects looking up mate. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 08-24-2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]

shadowhound 08-24-2002 09:43 AM

Hey all, just thought i would risk popping me head in to see what goes on within.

Attalus 08-24-2002 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Azred:
<font color = lightgreen>SomeGuy, coffee is self-serve these days. Just don't make a mess. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

I almost replied in the USA (continued) thread. I decided not to because if people haven't learned how not to let others upset them then they probably won't listen to what I have to say, anyway. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

Azred, you are stating my opinion of those political threads very succinctly. I am currently avoiding that one.

Attalus 08-24-2002 09:48 AM

Quote:

Hi everyone,

Belle, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad that Azred's business is doing well, though. Take care, I know how nasty migraines can be, because <font color=pink> Galadria</font> suffers from them, too.

[ 08-24-2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]

Belle 08-24-2002 11:00 AM

Thanks everybody, I made it and the headache went away, finally. Azred is at his meeting, or at least he says he is at meeting, lol. I am on to his sneaky ways. TJ is watching Jimmy Neutron and I am doing laundry, or rather finishing it up since Azred started it last night. KitKat is laying on the desk almost asleep, since he doesn't sleep at night, just roams the house wailing and crying. He does that if he is not paid attention all seconds of the day. Yes, I am glad that the business is finally getting off of the ground for him. But he has never failed to take care of me and TJ so, I had total complete faith in him that it would. I have to go start dishes now, so everyone have a good day, Belle

Kaltia 08-24-2002 12:38 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone,

Awww...Belle...I'm sorry :( .
Good luck to Azred's business.

Calaethis Dragonsbane 08-24-2002 12:43 PM

Hi everyone; just stopping in to "pay my regards" to who, I dont know tho [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyway, how u all doin?

dizzy 08-24-2002 01:55 PM

Hey there everyone! Good afternoon! I just woke up at 1 oclock! I didn't go to sleep until 6:30 this morning! Woah! LOL! Lets get things rolling here at good ole Cloudy's! But first, I'm off to eat. Breadsticks...mmmm....

Kaltia 08-24-2002 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Hi everyone; just stopping in to "pay my regards" to who, I dont know tho [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyway, how u all doin?
Me, dog [img]tongue.gif[/img]

dizzy 08-24-2002 02:03 PM

Kaltia? If you don;t mind my asking, how old are you? I don't mean to be rude. But you look young. Almost my age perhaps.

Kaltia 08-24-2002 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dizzy:
Kaltia? If you don;t mind my asking, how old are you? I don't mean to be rude. But you look young. Almost my age perhaps.
I'm actually 98, but the plastic surgery is effective, no? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Jerome 08-24-2002 02:09 PM

*waves*

Afternoon everyone.

*hugs Kaltia* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kaltia 08-24-2002 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jerome:
*waves*

Afternoon everyone.

*hugs Kaltia* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sod off, I'm olf enough to be your great-granny [img]tongue.gif[/img]

dizzy 08-24-2002 02:28 PM

Yeah, w/e! Hehehe. Im only 17.

Calaethis Dragonsbane 08-24-2002 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaltia:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:

Me, dog [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]*looks annoyed* I am no dog. Stop provoking me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Attalus 08-24-2002 02:45 PM

Afternoon, all. Belle, I am glad your head is better. Everybody, <font color=pink> Galadria</font> finished her half-marathon in 2 hours, 4 minutes, 16 sec. She is bitter that she didn't break two hours, got a side stich at Mile 11 and had to slow down. But, she won her age group! (Not telling which one that is, I want to live.)

[ 08-24-2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]

Deathbringer 08-24-2002 02:53 PM

<font color="00cc99">hhmm.. thought I might take a break from all the chaos thread stuff and sit down here for a while. It's 4:30am and once again I didn't go to bed [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm really tired now, so do you think I should go to bed or make some coffee?</font>

Sir Mandorallen 08-24-2002 02:54 PM

<font color="silver">Hi everyone! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I see that the rebellion is still in full swing. :\ I thought it would have slowed down by now. Well, with all the leaders going at each others throats every two posts, mayhap it wont last that long after all eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thats good news Attalus. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't like marathons though. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] I'm a sprinter, not long distance, and marathons are REALLY long distance. :|</font>

Kaltia 08-24-2002 02:58 PM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kaltia:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:

Me, dog [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]*looks annoyed* I am no dog. Stop provoking me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE].Could have fooled me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Deathbringer 08-24-2002 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Mandorallen:

I see that the rebellion is still in full swing. :\ I thought it would have slowed down by now. Well, with all the leaders going at each others throats every two posts, mayhap it wont last that long after all eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thats good news Attalus. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't like marathons though. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] I'm a sprinter, not long distance, and marathons are REALLY long distance. :|</font>

<font color="00cc99">Oh it will last don't you worry ;) </font>

Kaltia 08-24-2002 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Deathbringer:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Mandorallen:

I see that the rebellion is still in full swing. :\ I thought it would have slowed down by now. Well, with all the leaders going at each others throats every two posts, mayhap it wont last that long after all eh?

<font color="00cc99">Oh it will last don't you worry ;) </font></font>[/QUOTE]Damn right [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

Sir Mandorallen 08-24-2002 03:16 PM

<font color="silver">Perhaps, Deathbringer. Perhaps.

Or, it will trip over its own face. Its a toss up. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

[ 08-24-2002, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Sir Mandorallen ]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 08-24-2002 03:18 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Kaltia:
Quote:

Could have fooled me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*smacks Kaltia* Behave *well, a friendly pat on the head* I know you mean well tho [img]tongue.gif[/img] *hugs Kat*

Kaltia 08-24-2002 03:18 PM

Quote:

Or, it will trip over its own face. Its a toss up. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

It will do if shadow doesn't behave...or, at least, we'll get to try out our torture techniques. Either way, it'll be fun. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]

Kaltia 08-24-2002 03:19 PM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kaltia:
Quote:

Could have fooled me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*smacks Kaltia* Behave *well, a friendly pat on the head* I know you mean well tho [img]tongue.gif[/img] *hugs Kat*
</font>
[img]graemlins/beheaded.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] STOP DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!

Deathbringer 08-24-2002 03:19 PM

Quote:

<font color="00cc99">It wont 'cos people who argue get told off [img]tongue.gif[/img] like CD and I :D </font>