Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Long forgotten kits...[sob] (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58846)

Kingenigma 11-11-2001 04:20 AM

wizardslayers, beastmasters, jesters, Diviners, Enchanters, invokers, abjurors, transmutors, clerics of lathander. HAve a moment of lament for these kits, eh?

Memnoch 11-11-2001 04:27 AM

Wizardslayers are significantly beefed up in ToB. At the top levels they can get up to 85% MR. I also think that jester is one of the most underrated classes - if you are looking for a different gaming experience from the usual powergaming classes, it's a great challenge. You may have to play second fiddle ;) to some of your team members, but it's great fun.

Sir Exxon 11-11-2001 04:55 AM

Ohh, Memnoch!
4800 posts! You are closing 5000, man!

250 11-11-2001 05:08 AM

the wizards are not significantly different from each other, so it really ends up choosing between Conjunor and Necro and Illusionist

Beastmaster is fun if not awesome, if you haven't played one, I recommand you do so, especially if you run a RP game with your friends, a lot of roleplaying potential [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch alreayd told you about Jesters

if you really want a challenge, play archer dual to cleric, buahahaha... :D

Zateel 11-11-2001 05:24 AM

I like invokers. Since I'm usually fireballing/ lightning bolting my way through most of the game anyway- it works well for me. I rarely use any of my high level spells except breach. I didn't say that I never had to reload...

250 11-11-2001 05:38 AM

Zateel, it is cool

I like specialized mages, I really mean SPECIALIZED
my mage only memorize a very few dmging spells, and nothing else. once I start combat, I just start blasting with those.

of course, there are times my mage's power wont fit the situation, well, just have to live with it :D

SSJ4Sephiroth 11-11-2001 06:31 AM

actually, my Wizard Slayer owned all the first time i sent him through the game. i hadnt fixed the potions with ToB yet, so i had to rely on clerics, and he still ruled! as long as i get a good team/equipment, i can do anything with anyone...

Yorick 11-11-2001 07:11 AM

I've played a Jester, a Beastmaster, Enchanter and Lathanderite Cleric.

I'd agree with Memnoch and Leo (DW). Very cool from a roleplaying aspect.

Never played Wizard Slayer for long though. I'll have to give it a go.

The last class I played after a board member posted something like this was a Totemic Druid. Memnoch said he might try one, so I did. Great at low levels. Very helpful those Spririt animals.

Mem, how did you find out about the ToB beefing up? The kit description looked the same.

I'll look again.

Mind you, I got my Monk up to 92% magic resistance in ToB and was nowhere near level 40 or whatever the rumored cap is.

A Monk together with a Druid (insect plague etc) are great Wizard Slayers. :D

How would this party be?

1. Undead Hunter
2. Wizard Slayer
3. Cavalier
4. Archer
5. Assassin
6. Totemic Druid.

No mage, but would you need one? I reckon it would kick some butt. Give the Archer plenty of Arrows of Dispelling, and you're set.

Euronymous 11-11-2001 07:20 AM

Why do you need 4 fighters? and Mages are a must, Like i said Ive completed solo mage SoA and ToB.......

Rikard_OHF 11-11-2001 07:20 AM

I finished the Game with Beastmaster
and it's not a weak kit
The only problem is the benifits just don;t weigh up to the restrictions
But it's a Great Roll-playing kit [img]smile.gif[/img]

SSJ4Sephiroth 11-11-2001 07:58 AM

actually i thought that ToB beefed them up so that they could get up to 100%+... of course, my manual escapes me at the moment...

250 11-11-2001 08:45 AM

you dont need a mage to beat this game

SecretMaster 11-11-2001 09:12 AM

For your info, clerics and bards are awesome in BGII, and even better in ToB. The skalds song makes your guys immune to mindflayer hold. Clerics rock, and thats the truth. and mages become the strongest in ToB.

Melusine 11-11-2001 01:25 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SecretMaster:
For your info, clerics and bards are awesome in BGII, and even better in ToB. The skalds song makes your guys immune to mindflayer hold. Clerics rock, and thats the truth. and mages become the strongest in ToB.<hr></blockquote>

SPOILERS ABOUT GAME ENDING AND WATCHER'S KEEP ADD-ON

I wholeheartedly agree. I have always loved to play clerics, and they can be extremely effective, as well as fun to play. I'm playing a Cleric of Lathander now which I played all the way through BG1 and TOTSC (for the tomes). Her stats are unreal but wholly legit. I rolled quite high stats in BG1 to begin with (A ROLL OF 91 IIRC) and gave her 18 points in wisdom, as well as 17 in STR CON DEX. Add the three tomes of wisdom you can find, that means a legit 21 WIS. With Crom Faeyr her STR is 25 and the ring of Human Influence makes her CHR rise to 18. After helping myself to the extra bonuses of Lum the Mad's Machine in Watcher's Keep and those you receive in Hell (unfortunately lost a few statpoints there as well...oh well. In the Bhaal Dream I sacrificed intelligence). Think her stats now are:
STR 20 (25 w. Crom Faeyr)
DEX 18
CON 19
INT 11
WIS 23
CHR 17 (doffed the ring of Human influence because I needed the spot for a better ring)

She can walk into a room full of vampires turning undead, they will all go "splut" :D With the Mace Of Disruption +2 she is both immune to level drain and finishes off any undead that she cannot turn yet (finished Kangaxx off with a lucky blow after a few hits) and wielding Crom Faeyr she takes care of the rest. Her AC is -17 now (just started playing TOB) and she has about half of the party's kills to her name. Clerics rule! :D

SecretMaster 11-11-2001 01:48 PM

Melusine, I gave my cleric fire giant str, and 25 wis and the rest 18s, except 21 dex. Yes it is a bit, godlike, but He's a dwarven cleric, oh, i gave him 12 int. Well still, its extremely good. I'm definately not using Crom Faeyr. I'm playing with him in BGI TotSC, but this is my party for him when i play BGII. Anomen, StoneRock(me), Jaheria, Imoen, Minsc, Keldorn. I should have another mage though. I might loose Minsc. Well, these "Forgotten" classes, are actually kick@$$

Willard 11-11-2001 05:06 PM

I think something went wrong with my game when I created my conjurer because when I got her she had a whole bunch of spells up to level 5 and 90 hit points ( 118 with a familiar ).

Debaser 11-11-2001 06:18 PM

Melusine--
yeah, i just recently beat SoA and ToB with a berserker dualed at level 9 to a cleric of lathander. by ToB, he had much of the same amazing stat layout. and i absolutely LOVED seeing vampires and most any other undead for the matter just exploding into bits. such a nice power trip! the badass didn't even need lift a finger to destroy those vile bastards.

Evil Dead Raven 11-11-2001 06:32 PM

I always play with an evil party so my chaotic evil priest of talos doesnt kill the undead with turn undead instead the undead join me under my control so thats always fun to.

SecretMaster 11-11-2001 07:04 PM

Oh cool. I'm playin as an evil party, and viciona can already control shadows. Do u think you could charm high leveled bosses, like mummies, or liches, possibly.

Evil Dead Raven 11-11-2001 07:21 PM

dont know about lichs but it does work on mummies.

Yorick 11-11-2001 07:58 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Euronymous:
Why do you need 4 fighters? and Mages are a must, Like i said Ive completed solo mage SoA and ToB.......<hr></blockquote>

Well you've got a mage killer, dragon/demon killer and undead killer, plus a missile king.

Why would you need a mage? I've done the game through wihout a mage anyway.

Even so I'm not saying they're bad. I like mages. This would just be an interesting difference IMO.

Dundee Slaytern 11-11-2001 08:40 PM

Mages are not a must to complete the game with. [img]smile.gif[/img] I mean hey, people have soloed with Barbarians, Paladins, Fighters, Clerics before, and this includes ToB mind. ;)

Sure, they make life a whole lot easier, but not impossible without.

When it comes to Clerics, I would choose Lathander by the way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kingenigma 11-12-2001 03:33 AM

Thanks 4 de reply!!! I actually went back and started a female jester and she's all right!!! The only problem is, confused enemies still seem to attack my party or at most sit there like a moron.
Also about Bhaal: My undead slayer had 140+ hp when I met him but he was badly waxed even with some enchantments on. PLEASE tell me how to survive with a jester please???
Another thing: I have Korgan, Anomen, Jaheira, Nalia and Jan. I only wish to have 5 members...but who should I take out??? Any advices on how to manage 5 ppl party? (Never done it before)

Lucifer Lord of demons 11-12-2001 03:53 AM

I played a jester the first time thru the game :eek:
AND i :D "TANKED" :D
He was incredibly powerful with the right items(of course the blade kit would have been better)

I had the jesters armour(gotta love the colour!!!)
celestial fury in my off-hand
boots of speed
ring of gaxx times 2
Amulet of magic res(it sucks!)

i used breach and melf's minute meteores most of the time:
the way it worked was, i cast melf's minute meteors(5 attacks per round)and got really close to the enemy!that way i was dealing close to 40 dammage a round with the meteors and 15 thanks to celestial fury!
Really rocked

Dundee Slaytern 11-12-2001 05:14 AM

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Jester eh? If you are level 15+, summon some Skeleton Warriors, they are immuned to Bhaal's attacks. :D