Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Report bugs or errors/mistakes in EfU here (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37547)

Ziroc 08-14-2003 03:22 PM

Everyone that has reported the bugs and errors is helping out a LOT! And Since I'm a human (not an Elf) I am prone to make errors too! [img]smile.gif[/img] This thread is for anyone that sees or finds any errors/mistakes/bugs/spelling errors to post!!

Use this Format for Posting Them:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What level did this happen on?

2. What were you doing at the exact moment this bug/error showed up?

3. Describe the error/bug/mistake:

4. Is your character good or evil?

(Thats all I can think of right now)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attalus 08-15-2003 09:26 AM

Hi, Ziroc. It was awesome, but ... on Level I are those Fire Giants supposed to keep spawning? My game froze, too. When I rebooted and tried to rejoin, I was smack in the middle of angry Fire Giants, and died twice while Cerek and Micah were trying to rescue me! My char is LG.

StigTC 08-15-2003 04:34 PM

Level 5

I was clicking the door opening.

The door/stairs down to level 6 doesn't work. It will not transfer you to the beginning of level 6. (Or anywhere else for that matter)

True Neutral 50/50.

StigTC 08-16-2003 05:44 AM

Figured I'd just fill in the proper forms on the 'Angry Mob' bug and the teleportation bug.

Angry Mob bug.
Level 2, but effects all levels after that.

I was walking.

The lizard realm guard seems to cause a problem if you kill him. Everyone belonging to his faction (meaning all plot characters), will attack you and eventually kill you, if you don't run like scared halfling. It even effects the small dwarven statues on level 2 and the riddle spectre on level 5. But it is most noticeable when you enter Skullport on level 3 and are attacked by an angry mob. Haven't been able to test it further down because of the bug written in the post above.

Has happened to multiple characters, I assume they don't all have the same alignment. My own character, for which this happened, was true neutral.

Teleportation bug.
Level 8 and level 2.

The first time on level 8 I was fighting a skeleton warrior inside the hollow tree stump.

I was teleported alongside with the skeleton warrior to the area in front of the stairs down to level 3 (where the crypt thing and greater bone golem is).
The second time where I was teleported from level 2 to the tavern, I do not remember what I was doing.

Has happened to two different characters, the first character, that went from level 8 to level 2, was a true neutral druid. The other I don't remember.

[ 08-16-2003, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]

Ziroc 08-16-2003 10:09 AM

I have removed the Lizardsrelm guy for the moment, and I think I corrected the transport bug too!! Enjoy!! Report any new bugs you see!

Ziroc 08-16-2003 10:09 PM

BTW, I have also reconnected level 6. I totally forgot about that. I was reworking levels 5 and 6 a bit, and forgot to reconnect the doors. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, it's fixed now! Levels 6-9 are now OPEN for business!! :D :D

Micah Foehammer 08-17-2003 07:51 PM

Ziroc,

Unfortunately i did see the following occur directly so the details are sketchy.

Massive alignment shift from good to evil.

I was in EfU just a while ago, and got hit with a 6 point alignment shift from good to evil. What's even worse - another person got hit with a 36 point shift (!) from true neutral to neutral evil. This supposedly occured while this second person was fighting the Formians and lich on level two.

I was on the same level and got hit with the shift, in fact everyone in the complex got hit with it.

I don't know if killing the lich or the formians is what caused it or if it was another trigger that caused the shift.

A 36 point shift seems extreme to say the least. ANy idea what caused that?

Ziroc 08-17-2003 09:00 PM

ok, screw it. the Damn Lizard is being deleted. :D He is the reason.. I'll ask at the bioware site, because this is a damn bug they NEED to fix with factions.

So playing should be fine, now guys.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 08-18-2003 02:36 AM

I thought that no 'hacked items' were allowed in the undermountain game but a player tonight was saying he used some on level ...hmm...think he said 6 on a dragon?

btw, had a blast running around level one and two by myself tongiht but I'll be playing with other IW members more often now that I have seen how much fun it can be! LOVE this mod!

SpiritWarrior 08-18-2003 04:51 AM

Ziroc, the problem is you are adjusting the lizardmans reputation when he is killed so that it effects all of the same faction. Solution A : Create a custom faction. Solution B: Make him of the friendly faction and tag the area "NO PVP".

[ 08-18-2003, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]

Ziroc 08-18-2003 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Ziroc, the problem is you are adjusting the lizardmans reputation when he is killed so that it effects all of the same faction. Solution A : Create a custom faction. Solution B: Make him of the friendly faction and tag the area "NO PVP".
I did that. That is how I HAD it set. But I went through this morning with StigTC and another, watching them go through the levels, and everything was fine... So I don't know whats going on. It's odd.

I *WILL* find a fix for this. The global setting will not turn off for the new faction, so I deleted it (just used 1 monster for it anyway so far) then, made a New one again, and now, it is working fine. Buggy.... ;)

Anyway, Durnan and the Whores have had AI upgrades. More NPC's will soon as well.

Legolas 08-19-2003 08:12 AM

Just some minor things you might want to correct.

-The Fenhounds in the prison on lvl 7 are neutral, when they should probably be hostile.
-There is no map note saying 'to undermountain level 8' on level 7.
-There are two map notes nearly on top of eachother on level 8, one saying 'bandit camp' (I think) and the other 'small bandit camp'.
-The script for closing doors is nice, but in need of adjusting. They currently close a round or so after opening, which is too short a period of time for a large party to pass through or for people to have a fight in the doorway. Make it one or two turns and it would be a much better use of the scripts.
-The couches and stools everywhere still do not work, instead they redirect you to the nearest chair. Since both the 'plc_chair' and 'x0_chair2' tagged chairs seem to work, I'm not sure what would be the cause of this.

Ziroc 08-19-2003 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Legolas:
Just some minor things you might want to correct.

-The Fenhounds in the prison on lvl 7 are neutral, when they should probably be hostile.
-There is no map note saying 'to undermountain level 8' on level 7.
-There are two map notes nearly on top of eachother on level 8, one saying 'bandit camp' (I think) and the other 'small bandit camp'.
-The script for closing doors is nice, but in need of adjusting. They currently close a round or so after opening, which is too short a period of time for a large party to pass through or for people to have a fight in the doorway. Make it one or two turns and it would be a much better use of the scripts.
-The couches and stools everywhere still do not work, instead they redirect you to the nearest chair. Since both the 'plc_chair' and 'x0_chair2' tagged chairs seem to work, I'm not sure what would be the cause of this.

Oh! Good stuff!! This is what I love to get, it REALLY helps, man! [img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah, I just saw the door close on an players animal companion, so yeah, I'll make it 3 or 4 rounds instead. I'll change those other things as well.

The Chairs thing will be fixed over time. I have to make a seperate script for each chair/couch (if there are more than 1 in a room). BTW, Khelben's couch DOES work!! I fixed it just for you! :D :D

Good stuff! I'll add these to the 'fixes to do' list this week.

Keep them coming folks! With your help, when this is released, it'll be a flawless, perfected Mod. (I will give you credit as I always do in projects)! Playtesting really helps me out.

Legolas 08-19-2003 08:24 AM

Oh, goody! I think I'll spend a gaming session or two doing nothing but sitting on that thing and gloat :D

Legolas 08-19-2003 05:10 PM

The blink dog on level 2 (near the imprisoned beggars) is also set to neutral, meaning it tends to get torn to shreds a lot.

EDIT: Same thing with the androsphinx on level 7

[ 08-20-2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]

StigTC 08-27-2003 07:20 AM

Level 7.

Fighting.

The Xander Guild Wizard Leader in the library casts some spells that hurt himself pretty bad. And when he eventually dies from it he turns into something strange (Like a badger or an elemental), it doesn't do anything as he is dead, but he doesn't drop his loot. :(

Chaotic Evil.

And just a question on the side. The [set] Shadow Thieves - Armor of Shadows is a heavy armor, is that on purpose, because it seems rather unusual for a thief to be able to wear that.

[ 08-27-2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]

True_Moose 08-27-2003 09:14 PM

<font color="orange">I actually had a similar experience to that of StigTC. Party of four, fought the wizard, killed him. However, he stayed upright, and when you dragged the cursor over him, it said as his health "Dead", but he was still standing, as if paralysed, and didn't drop any items.

We did rest up, and wait around a while, but no change. I don't have any idea if this was caused on purpose or not, but I figured I'd throw it in...sorry if it's supposed to be like that. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Chewbacca 08-27-2003 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by True_Moose:
<font color="orange">I actually had a similar experience to that of StigTC. Party of four, fought the wizard, killed him. However, he stayed upright, and when you dragged the cursor over him, it said as his health "Dead", but he was still standing, as if paralysed, and didn't drop any items.

We did rest up, and wait around a while, but no change. I don't have any idea if this was caused on purpose or not, but I figured I'd throw it in...sorry if it's supposed to be like that. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Yeah I was there, I forgot about that til just now. I pick-pocketed the guy a few times just for kicks since he was just standing around "dead". [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ziroc 08-27-2003 11:10 PM

Ah! Thanks for reminding me! [img]smile.gif[/img] I remember playing a character on that level and after he died, he didn't fall.. and it still said he 'died'. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Odd! I'll correct that tonight in the next update!

PS: The server shouldn't crash now, since I removed the dying 2nd Hard drive. It was hardlocking, and I decided to pull it. Its a 40GB, but was made in 2001.. So it's not under warrenty. :(

Ziroc 08-28-2003 05:57 PM

I believe I have corrected that Boss Wizard leader. Let me know!

Also, that Heavy Armor is just what he has as stash--HE is wearing some unique Robes (nice AC too). If you kill him, and you can wear them, grab em!

Durnan's Shop will be overhalled soon as well. I'll be adding unique items to his shop tonight.

StigTC 09-08-2003 04:22 PM

Bad news, but the boss wizard bug happened again last night.

Ziroc 09-08-2003 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StigTC:
Bad news, but the boss wizard bug happened again last night.
HUH!?! How the heck is that happening?? I guess I'll totally remake him from scratch. [img]smile.gif[/img] I BET I know what it is now though. I changed HIM, but not his custom ITEMS he uses. I bet one of his items--weapon or armor is the thing causing it..

Weird. HE'S IMMORTAL! :D Too much sewage gas... ;)

Larry_OHF 09-17-2003 09:41 PM

Uhhh....Ziroc? I am on level two right now, at the very beginning, and I am watching all the first monsters fight amonst themselves without my help! They just decided to fight as I walked up to them! This has got to be a bug.

Legolas 09-18-2003 08:04 AM

I think that's the lizard guy again, his faction doesn't get along too well with the rest of the Undermountain denizens.

Larry_OHF 09-19-2003 01:36 AM

<font color=skyblue>Another error. The wyrmlings at the portal from 9 to 10. There is a copper wyrmling there (Maybe two?) that fight for me instead of against me in that little group. I just turned invisible and let them hack it out while I watched the light show. </font>

Ziroc 09-19-2003 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>Another error. The wyrmlings at the portal from 9 to 10. There is a copper wyrmling there (Maybe two?) that fight for me instead of against me in that little group. I just turned invisible and let them hack it out while I watched the light show. </font>
Gotcha. I fixed one encounter already about that. I forgot about the good guy worms :D

I'll fix that, and look into that level 2 thing.. The factions have been perfect though for weeks... hmm..

robertthebard 10-14-2003 11:28 PM

The doors to the huts on lvl 11 are sending us to the underground hallway...but the lvl sure looked good, before i wound up there.

Fuggle 10-15-2003 11:54 AM

LvL 11 like Robert the bard says has a linking problem with the doors in the small tents in the village, as he said the one we took brought us to the underground passage. I noticted that there was a "pin" marking the location on the map feature which was a secret enterance or something like that. But after i did a search of the area i couldnt find anything.

LvL 11 i also noticed that near the area where you have the gate locked because you are still in the process of constructing the area the desert fighter (not sure of name) transformed into an animal and when he died he stayed in that form and was just stated as dead.

LvL 10 Hell hounds were killing the dragon wyrmlings when i observed them from a distace. When i got closer they all came and attacked me. Which i figure it should be.

Rathgor

robertthebard 10-15-2003 07:36 PM

I also observed the desert warrior transform, and stay in that form, dead and standing, and btw, welcome to fuggle, it was fun last night.

Ziroc 10-16-2003 02:23 AM

Oh god, Polymorph is a buggy spell for NPC's. [img]smile.gif[/img] I thought I removed it.

Are they too easy to kill? I DID lower their skills, because they would heal like 3 times after you get them to near death and they changed into tons of things I thought I removed from feats or spells. I will double check em

BTW, that level is like 50% finished. I had to redo some things and those 'huts' and secret rock entrances are dead until I finish it, and I'll link them--Those are a secret for now [img]smile.gif[/img] I mainly opened it for you guys to get to see a taste of what you'll see.

BTW, lol, when I tested it, I tried a tunnel on that level just to see what happened, and the damn thing dropped me to UML1!!! :D I was like.. ok. so the original tag for level 1 is the default. Hmmm..

In the next few days, you will see many MANY more added things to that level, and check the sign on that level for updates and let me know if you see further bugs if ya want, it will help!! I thought I fixed that polymorph thing, but I guess not. Hmm. They are simple Rangers with no feats in poly/shape/elemental changes turned on.. weird! :D I'll figure it out and check it tomorrow night for me guys! Thanks!! And welcome Fuggle dude!! Glad to see ya mate!

Ziroc 10-17-2003 01:59 PM

Hey guys, give me a few days to finish these corrections up. I gotta do some work here to make some $$. ;)

Larry_OHF 10-24-2003 09:27 PM

<font color=skyblue>The LizardRealm Guard on Level 2, first large battle is killing the medusa and fighting others before I even get over there to help. I usually stay invisible and just watch the show.</font>

Legolas 10-26-2003 11:59 AM

On level 11, I believe there is supposed to be a gold dragon. At least, that's what the map notes and treasure chest description say. I've had a look around, however, and all I could find was a puddle of gore with several thousand arrows and a couple of oversized bones floating in it. Another faction issue methinks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Larry_OHF 10-26-2003 09:50 PM

<font color=skyblue>I wrote down as many errors as I could tonight.
</font>
</font>
  • The portal guards in the tavern are turned with their swords "through" some of the pillars.</font>
  • Everyone suffered an alignment shift to Chaotic Evil???</font>
  • One of the Medusa in Ch. 11 was so close to a cave entrance that when I place my cursor over her to attack, I instead picked up the door transfer.</font>
  • An enemy called an Elite Desert Warrior in 11 was in the shape of a wolf, and when he died, he remained standing up and wagging his tail, though he was labelled as dead.</font>

Ziroc 10-28-2003 03:35 AM

Quote:

<font color=skyblue>I wrote down as many errors as I could tonight.
</font>
</font>
  • The portal guards in the tavern are turned with their swords "through" some of the pillars.</font>
  • Everyone suffered an alignment shift to Chaotic Evil???</font>
  • One of the Medusa in Ch. 11 was so close to a cave entrance that when I place my cursor over her to attack, I instead picked up the door transfer.</font>
  • An enemy called an Elite Desert Warrior in 11 was in the shape of a wolf, and when he died, he remained standing up and wagging his tail, though he was labelled as dead.</font>

Where did this alignment shift take place? That is odd.

I am redoing the Desert Warriors, because they KEEP changing into animals, and they are just fighters, not druids, and I checked ALL their feats, spells, and all, and NOTHING allows this. It's a bug. argh! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The new warriors will be normal fighters, just tough as hell. ;)

Larry_OHF 10-28-2003 11:04 PM

<font color=skyblue>Level 11, we all noticed that we were turned into Chaotic Evil people.</font>

Larry_OHF 10-31-2003 12:12 PM

<font color=skyblue>On level 11, after I waded through the swarm of death and finally killed all the men that were shooting me, I began to walk around a bit, and noticed four men that were just standing there looking at me with their avatars appearing to want to kill me, and their description named them as hostile...but they were not actually attacking. I tried to spur them on but I could not attack them either. We both just sorta stood there sneering at each other. </font>

Larry_OHF 11-01-2003 12:08 AM

A bug was accidently discovered just now. You know that area where you have gated off that says that it will open in a few days? Well, we were able to get through, some of us were pushed through the gate by being knocked in by another person, and I think one guy used magic that caused him to be kicked into the other side and one guy I think just ran into the gate so many times that the server gave up and let him in!

robertthebard 11-01-2003 02:00 AM

Quote:

A bug was accidently discovered just now. You know that area where you have gated off that says that it will open in a few days? Well, we were able to get through, some of us were pushed through the gate by being knocked in by another person, and I think one guy used magic that caused him to be kicked into the other side and one guy I think just ran into the gate so many times that the server gave up and let him in!
don't forget that i got sorta pulled through. Was kinda quiet on that side of the gate. :D

Micah Foehammer 11-01-2003 06:58 AM

I believe the shift to chaotic evil was caused by somebody using the Deck of Hazards. At least that is what he claimed when everybody notced the shift and cried WTF!

BTW, the lag we were seeing on level 11 yesterday was horrendous. We were seeing overhead text messages parse over characters long after combat had ended. The archers are still tough, but with just robertthebard and I trying to take them on, I guess that should be expected. I suspect a larger party with a mix of fighters and a spellcasters would be able to handle the level better.

[ 11-01-2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]