Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Need help to defeat shadow druid (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59381)

hampton 11-28-2001 10:49 AM

How can the druid be defeated in the druid grove?

Sir Exxon 11-28-2001 10:54 AM

<font color="cyan"><h1>WELCOME!</h1> [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </font>

<font color="red">When I fight her, I just shapeshift Cernd to a wolfwere right away.
It then become much easier.</font>

see ya!

Mitro Jellywadder 11-28-2001 10:58 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hampton:
How can the druid be defeated in the druid grove?<hr></blockquote>

Cast Insect Plague and then shapechange. As long as you get your insect plague off first, it's a cake walk. This will disable her spell casting so that you can pound away.

Magness 11-28-2001 11:53 AM

Yep, Insect Plague is the key. Rather than shapechange, I have Jahiera summon a Fire Elemental next. After that, she can usually kick back and enjoy the weenie roast. Well, actually, I just have her pick up the quarterstaff and help the elemental.

Once the Insect Plague is cast, it becomes a fairly easy battle since magic was the shadow druid's advantage.

Dundee Slaytern 11-28-2001 12:00 PM

Insect Plague is very helpful indeed.

Bears! Bears!

JR Jansen 11-28-2001 01:09 PM

This should be the order of casting. I might add that this is with Jaheira. Before the fight : barkskin, in the fight : immidiatly insect plague, hold person or call woodland being. If the last let that woodland being cast hold person. The hold person spell isn't that important but i cast it none the less. Conjure a fire elemental or summon some animals. Cast flameblade and hack away at a helpless druid.

Russ 11-28-2001 05:55 PM

I just summon a bunch of animals and wait for them to eat her...

andrewas 11-28-2001 06:53 PM

i just cast flame blade and kicked ass.

Kingenigma 11-28-2001 08:46 PM

Is it about Faldorn? If it is, this is what i do:

SPOILER

I summon Nymph, then she casts hold person. ALMOST 100% guaranteed. Then hack away. Hold [person lasts long enough till she dies "twice" (U know what i mean)

Lord Ludtke 11-28-2001 09:04 PM

I cast improved invisibility before the fight, and I didn't have any problems.

Encard 11-28-2001 10:18 PM

Just cast insect plague then summon an elemental. You can shapechange and help if you want, but it won't matter, since Faldorn will die anyway. If I remember correctly, Elems have immunity to all but +3 or better weapons, so I don't think she can even hurt it. *cackle*

Whailor 11-29-2001 04:19 AM

All I did was Insect Plague, shapeshift into.. eh, forgot which bear form it was, and then spanked the wazoos outta her. For fun I even summoned Woodland Being, though it was not needed. It zapped her with the Hold, which also stick and well, all in all it wasn't even worth the time spent on her :D