Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Allergies. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91683)

Dave_the_quack 09-18-2004 01:34 AM

Ok guys and gals, imagine this:

My sister has just been informed by her local GP (doctor), that her blood test results have come back. The diagnosis - my sister is allergic to ALCOHOL. Can you imagine how cruel this is? LOL. I found it absolutely hysterical myself. So, people of IW, this brings me to my next question: What are your allergies?

Mine is allergic to dust, pollen (florists make me go "choo"), and cat saliva (found on their coats). This, of course, does not stop the household from owning three of the feline race.

Dron_Cah 09-18-2004 01:43 AM

yeah, man, that really does suck for her! I don't think I have any aleergies though. Lucky me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kakero 09-18-2004 03:26 AM

I'm allergic to snails. It makes my skin go violently ichy after eating it.

Jorath Calar 09-18-2004 03:34 AM

Whining kids... not crying, I can take that, but whining, never understood that in public places you can have whining kids but you are not allowed to smoke... lets have some consistancy here.

Aerich 09-18-2004 03:49 AM

Dust, pollen, some cats, cruel people, and irrational behavior.

philip 09-18-2004 05:08 AM

I think I have hayfever. Not really bad yet though but it seems to be getting more. Hmm alergic too alcohol doesn't sound too bad

johnny 09-18-2004 05:15 AM

Ajax and everything that goes with it.

Stratos 09-18-2004 06:46 AM

I don't have any allergies.

Stratos 09-18-2004 06:47 AM

Welcome back, johnny. I haven't seen you around for a while.

johnny 09-18-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stratos:
Welcome back, johnny. I haven't seen you around for a while.
Thanks dude, everything seemed to die on me, i had to replace the mainboard TWICE, got a new harddisc (which was my biggest fear, now i lost all my data), and all in all my PC was for 4 weeks in a repairshop, it appeared to be a mysterious problem i guess. When i finally got my PC back, my modem wouldn't work properly (i needed new drivers, but i didn't know that back then), and in the somewhat 10 minutes i managed to go omnline, i caught the blasterworm AND a virus called Spybotworm, which made my system crash again and again.

Everything seems to be running smooth now *knocks on wood* I've had my punishment for whatever it is i did wrong in the eyes of the great computergod, let's hope i can stay a little longer this time. :D

Hivetyrant 09-18-2004 09:38 AM

Dont think im alergic to anything...

Stormymystic 09-18-2004 10:08 AM

Animals, pollen, grass (both kinds ;) ) sunlight (I sneeze when I see the sun) and a few other things....

johnny 09-18-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
Animals, pollen, grass (both kinds ;) ) sunlight (I sneeze when I see the sun) and a few other things....
Animals ? All of em ?

Stormymystic 09-18-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stormymystic:

Animals ? All of em ? </font>[/QUOTE]yep, sad isn't it? any animal I come into contact with I break out in hives and start sneezing

johnny 09-18-2004 10:16 AM

Whoa, that's really bad, i've never heard of such a thing. You mean when a dog, cat, bunny, or whatever comes anywhere near you, you have a problem ?

Stormymystic 09-18-2004 10:18 AM

when I touch them yes, I am not the only member of my family like that either, my mom and grandmother have the same type of problems, but it does not stop my from petting them, lol

Intrepid 09-18-2004 10:35 AM

I have hayfever and i apsoloutly hate it, no drugs seem to help, and it is damn annoying, no other allergies that i know of though.

Hivetyrant 09-18-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
sunlight (I sneeze when I see the sun)
Woah!!! are you serious?? This would suck, and ive never heard of this happening, unless your 1/10th vampire and it doesnt fully effect you :D

Jorath Calar 09-18-2004 12:28 PM

Stormy you remind me of a character in a sketch by Icelandic coedians who was allergic to everything... yes everything, except Emus, but emus only live in Austalia so that didn't do much good, so the doctor recommended he would just be put to sleep... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ivelliis 09-18-2004 12:37 PM

I don't think I have any allergies

Aelia Jusa 09-18-2004 04:37 PM

Pollen and such. It makes my eyes run more than my nose (although I do get sneezy, too). Also I seem to have allergic reactions when I'm bitten by ants - the site swells up quite a lot and goes really red and angry and hot. So I don't sit on grass very often.

Xen 09-18-2004 04:41 PM

AFAIK I don't have any of them. But my two friends have them. One is allergic to milk :eek: , the other one is allergic to pollen.

Vaskez 09-18-2004 05:24 PM

I've never been tested for allergies but from experience I have slight hayfever (taking homeopathetic hayfever remedies makes it go away though) and am allergic to certain insect bites such as from horseflies. When I get bitten by a horsefly the bite will swell up for about 3 days then stay like that for a day or 2 then start to go down but will still be visible for a couple of weeks. Three years ago I got bitten right next to my eye and it swole up so bad I couldn't see, two years ago I got bitten on my hand and my whole hand swole up so it looked like I had the hand of a really fat guy while the other hand was normal. Last year just got bitten on the back of my leg behind the knee so couldn't bend leg properly. Heh. Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times.

Felix The Assassin 09-18-2004 06:27 PM

Common dust, pollen, rag weed, grass (all 5 variants ;) ) everything that a cedar tree produces. Aspirin, and all aspirin related pain relievers. Smelly, stinky people that only bathe once a week in dirty water, and has no idea what deodarnt, a tooth brush and paste, or soap is.

The thing that causes me the most irritation is: Some good samartian who drives at the same speed as all other lanes, while in the left lane!

Stormymystic 09-18-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stormymystic:
sunlight (I sneeze when I see the sun)

Woah!!! are you serious?? This would suck, and ive never heard of this happening, unless your 1/10th vampire and it doesnt fully effect you :D </font>[/QUOTE]the sunlight was a joke, however I can not take sunlight for long periods or I do burn fast..yes I have tried getting a tan, and wound up in the Emergency room because I was blistered from head to toe.

another true allergy I have is adhesive, like those found on hospital tapes, if I use it it eats away at my skin until I am so raw that I can not stand to be touched.

Vaskez 09-18-2004 07:03 PM

Poor Stormy! :( no, not being sarcastic for a change, I do actually feel sorry for you with all your allergies!

dplax 09-18-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
no, not being sarcastic for a change
Are you ill? This isn't the Vaskez we have known so far.

edit: I am being sarcastic for a change. :D

[ 09-18-2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Stormymystic 09-18-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Poor Stormy! :( no, not being sarcastic for a change, I do actually feel sorry for you with all your allergies!
thanks..I think, I am unsure how to resond to that one, lol. but heh, you live and learn to deal with them [img]smile.gif[/img] I used to not have allergies, they came up when I moved back home from the gulf, then it was one after the other popping up.

Vaskez 09-18-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dplax:

edit: I am being sarcastic for a change. :D

I never would've guessed :rolleyes: [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Gxc 09-18-2004 11:14 PM

I am Allergic to pollen but not as much as i was younger.

SpiritWarrior 09-19-2004 06:26 AM

Everyone is intolerant to pollen, dust and cat/dog - (animal) dander. It is a trend doctors have adopted of late diagnoising these things as 'allergies'. It makes me laugh when people say they're 'allergic' to them. These substances coat the lungs and agitate the sinuses. Some are a little more tolerant of these substances but given enough exposure the result will always be same: rejection symptoms.

It's like 2 people sitting in a house that is burning down around them while one says to the other "Unlike you I am not allergic to this toxic smoke so it won't kill me".

Dave_the_quack 09-19-2004 08:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vaskez:
Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times. QUOTE]

Actually I am... and its a killer. The bad thing about wasps is... they can keep stinging and stinging unlike bees who die after one sting. So many stings = really really really bloated fat dave who floats in water :D

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-19-2004 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Everyone is intolerant to pollen, dust and cat/dog - (animal) dander. It is a trend doctors have adopted of late diagnoising these things as 'allergies'. It makes me laugh when people say they're 'allergic' to them. These substances coat the lungs and agitate the sinuses. Some are a little more tolerant of these substances but given enough exposure the result will always be same: rejection symptoms.

It's like 2 people sitting in a house that is burning down around them while one says to the other "Unlike you I am not allergic to this toxic smoke so it won't kill me".

Ok then...let's just say I am less tolerant of cats, even though I have some myself. Just gota deal with it though.

Vaskez 09-19-2004 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vaskez:
Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times.

Actually I am... and its a killer. The bad thing about wasps is... they can keep stinging and stinging unlike bees who die after one sting. So many stings = really really really bloated fat dave who floats in water :D [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]tell me about it (the keep stinging part) I once got a wasp down the back of my t-shirt somehow. I suddenly felt this sharp pain at the top of my back, and didn't know what it was. Then I kept going and felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back, then I guessed something must be stinging me. I shook my t-shirt then kept going. Then I felt a sharp sting at the bottom of my back. Then I took my t-shirt off and found a half-dead wasp. The bastard got me thrice but each time with slightly less venom so I had 3 sting marks of decreasing size in a line down my back :D

Stormymystic 09-19-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vaskez:
Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times.

Actually I am... and its a killer. The bad thing about wasps is... they can keep stinging and stinging unlike bees who die after one sting. So many stings = really really really bloated fat dave who floats in water :D </font>[/QUOTE]tell me about it (the keep stinging part) I once got a wasp down the back of my t-shirt somehow. I suddenly felt this sharp pain at the top of my back, and didn't know what it was. Then I kept going and felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back, then I guessed something must be stinging me. I shook my t-shirt then kept going. Then I felt a sharp sting at the bottom of my back. Then I took my t-shirt off and found a half-dead wasp. The bastard got me thrice but each time with slightly less venom so I had 3 sting marks of decreasing size in a line down my back :D [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]poor dave! and geez, I feel bad even for you Vaskez, I have only been stung a few times in my life, most fo the time they do not bother me :/ I did get a sting from a Hornet once, right on the neck and it hurt so bad I thought I was going to die ;)

Dave_the_quack 09-24-2004 02:11 PM

Thanks Stormy, but dont worry about me. The wasp DEFINATELY came off the worse of the two of us [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sting sting sting sting sting... OUCH MUTHA*****************

*daves hand blows up to ginormous size*

SQUAT.

Its hard to miss with a hand that big :D

calon 09-24-2004 05:06 PM

only allergy i know i have is nickel-allergy. i get skin rashes if i touch something with nickel in it.

alcohol allergy - that sucks :/

Chris of the Dale 09-24-2004 09:40 PM

I had some allergy testing done after I had a bad allergic reaction and could hardly breath. Turns out that I am allergic to ALL plants and animals. My highest animals allergy is cats and we have 3, not that I want them. Then my highest plant allergy is grass...when i did farm working i was lifting bails of hay and it scratched and cut up my arms and they swole right up and i was having problesm breathing so I had to go the hospital for some oxygen and an allergy shot.

aleph_null1 09-24-2004 10:14 PM

Wow... I'm all sorts of lucky that I'm not allergic to anything -- that they can figure out :D

Which doesn't make these bug stories any less icky!

Arledrian 09-24-2004 10:57 PM

I'm not allergic to anything since I'm never sneezy or sniffly. I don't like people who are though - they annoy me. They're nearly always delicate and overly-genteel. :D ;)