Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My Avatar (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91246)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 08-06-2004 06:15 AM

I posted this topic at the Wiz 8 forum but I thought I'd toss it out for general discussion. I just made "Avatar" on the forum and got 4 purple stars. There are a few other levels which are also only small stars. There must be lots of better pictures out there which could be used, like my previous "Elminster" avatar I had which looked great!
I remember when the "Elite Waterdeep Guard" was changed from 5 small shields to one very nice looking large shield!

Gangrell 08-06-2004 06:36 AM

The avatars aren't bad, if you have a problem with them, they only last for 100 posts (the earlier ones do anyway). When you've got some experience under your belt and you get the god with a block of cheese ontop of your head, then you can come complain :D

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 08-06-2004 07:14 AM

There's a different between complaint and suggestion!

WillowIX 08-06-2004 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
There's a different between complaint and suggestion!
The problem with your suggestion is that some people like the stars. I for one find them a nice touch compared to some of the larger avatars. [img]smile.gif[/img]

RevRuby 08-06-2004 08:17 AM

aything is better than peeing ont he floor [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sagramore 08-06-2004 10:21 AM

I like the purple stars...make me feel important...

Attalus 08-06-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by WillowIX:
The problem with your suggestion is that some people like the stars. I for one find them a nice touch compared to some of the larger avatars. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Like Apophis? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I don't much care for that one, either.

Timber Loftis 08-06-2004 10:45 AM

Ugh... the old Apophis was the worst. The best is the Harper one. I miss it. Of course, sitting on that iron throne for so long made me a bit grumpy.

Xen 08-06-2004 10:53 AM

I like the Dragons, I *hate* all those Egyptian Gods, I like Drow Priestess, Quth-Maren, Unciron and a Beholder. [img]smile.gif[/img]

WillowIX 08-06-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WillowIX:

Like Apophis? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I don't much care for that one, either. </font>[/QUOTE]*cough* Dang I wasn't as subtle as I thought. ;) lol

Dron_Cah 08-06-2004 12:57 PM

I like my stars, I feel kinda like a captain, or a general, or something. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Intrepid 08-06-2004 01:00 PM

Argh, another avitar disgussion!
It's not like it restricts your personality or anything, you have your signature to display personal stuff, just let the avitars be.

Gangrell 08-06-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
I like my stars, I feel kinda like a captain, or a general, or something. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Perhaps even a Red Wizard of Thay? :D

Another avatar bashing thread, tsk tsk, I am ashamed of you all. Leave Choc and his minion Ziroc in peace good people! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 08-06-2004 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Intrepid:
Argh, another avitar disgussion!
It's not like it restricts your personality or anything, you have your signature to display personal stuff, just let the avitars be.

Sorry, it's my first Avitar bashing..

DrowArchmage 08-07-2004 04:51 PM

i cant wait till i'm an emarald dragon,they look cool

Bungleau 08-07-2004 10:04 PM

*sigh* At one time, you could have gotten all the Emerald Dragon you wanted... some 500-600 posts worth.

*smacks self* Ooohhh... I felt a "kids these days" vent coming on! No more, though :D

Kakero 08-07-2004 10:48 PM

too bad, you can't stick to your fav avatar unless you stop posting anything. :rolleyes:

RevRuby 08-07-2004 11:45 PM

i just enjoy sigs. i wonder if dk would get upset if i set up a sig workshop, offering to help anyone wanting a sig fixed or created? it is the best way to express oneself post after post here at our great iw.

SecretMaster 08-08-2004 12:05 AM

I just want to get out of all these Egyptian thingies. That is my only preference. But I like most of em, and when I'm bored i just read all their descriptions.

shadowhound 08-08-2004 06:43 AM

The most annoying thing is that they got rid of the long Emerald Dragon stretch just after I changed ranks, I swear that Choc did that just to torment me. I will get vengance for this Choc, just you wait.

Link 08-08-2004 02:31 PM

[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] "Are you mocking me, you mortal?" :D

Attalus 08-08-2004 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
*sigh* At one time, you could have gotten all the Emerald Dragon you wanted... some 500-600 posts worth.

*smacks self* Ooohhh... I felt a "kids these days" vent coming on! No more, though :D

Hmph, they didn't have to post uphill in the snow to the Forum like in our day. Do 'em good.

RoSs_bg2_rox 08-08-2004 05:26 PM

I'm not too fond on the stars either, they are a bit boring, my favourite avatar is probably the one I have now, or Quth-Maren, but whatever happened to Stoned Golem :D

Xen 08-08-2004 05:32 PM

Lord Soth is also very good one. But I can`t belive how can one spam for rank. :D

My avatar is the most cute IMO.