Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 13, 2003 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86574)

Cloudbringer 06-13-2003 06:53 AM

the original thread is here:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001902&p= ]

the previous thread is here:

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

Cloudbringer 06-13-2003 06:54 AM

<H1><font color="plum"> PLEASE NOTE </font></H1>

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours. ;) :D

Ar-Cunin 06-13-2003 07:30 AM

1. post?

Yeah [img]smile.gif[/img] - now that is something I haven't achieved in a long time. So what are we discussing?

[ 06-13-2003, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]

Dragonshadow 06-13-2003 08:24 AM

Yo Cloooouuddddyyyyyy!

Dragonshadow 06-13-2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
1. post?

Yeah [img]smile.gif[/img] - now that is something I haven't achieved in a long time. So what are we discussing?

We are discussing the waether.

It is nice here [img]smile.gif[/img]
However I have been cooped up inside :(
As I have exams [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

wellard 06-13-2003 08:54 AM

Its freezing here

They have predicted snow in the mountins and high winds this weekend. So which Ironworks biker idiot is going up to the mountins to camp out at a biker rally this weekend :rolleyes: [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

the new JR Jansen 06-13-2003 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
1. post?

We are discussing the waether.

It is nice here [img]smile.gif[/img]
However I have been cooped up inside :(
As I have exams [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]Seems to happen a lot around those days. I remember when i had exams, way back when, it also was always good outside, but when they were over, the weather turned for the worse. It may have just looked that way, though.

It's good over here too. Has been that way for a couple weeks. Makes you go thursty. Well, time to get another cold one.

[ 06-13-2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: the new JR Jansen ]

NiceWorg 06-13-2003 09:20 AM

Halloo..

Tomorrow I have my first job assign.. a real job, that is, not a McDonalds one. Couldn´t be more nervous. :( Oh well.

Weather is nice and sunny apart from the cold wind blowing from the sea´s direction. Yesterday we had to wear winter jackets, though.. and it´s June.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

wellard 06-13-2003 09:36 AM

Good luck with the job niceworg

What job will it be?

Attalus 06-13-2003 09:46 AM

Good morning, all. Happy Friday the Thirteenth, good luck to everybody. Another thunderstorm last night, though without the spectacular pyrotechnics of the last two. Wellard, don't freeze to death!

harleyquinn 06-13-2003 09:46 AM

Hey all.
Good luck NiceWorg!!!

Cloudy, why not "close" the previous cafe when you open a new one, so ppl don't post to the old one accidently, or is there some reason why you wouldn't want to do that?

It's FRIDAY!!!! Only 6 hours and 14 minutes until the weekend!!!

Elif Godson 06-13-2003 09:48 AM

TGIF all :D Popping in to say ello. Work work work work work work

Stormymystic 06-13-2003 10:30 AM

uggg it is friday the 13th, bad memories befall me this day :( but oh well can the curse of bad luck carry on anymore? *falls out of chair landing on her back* waaaaaaaa I hate friday the 13th

harleyquinn 06-13-2003 12:04 PM

Hi Stormy [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Hmm... Arion must be busy with that new kitten, since he hasn't been around much.

Tell us about your trip (I mean more details than that post) Wellard. I'm glad you're back, no one makes coffee like you do :D :D :D

Only 3 hours and 56 minutes to the weekend!!!

Faceman 06-13-2003 01:38 PM

hi guys,

thought I maybe take a look what all the fame of the cafe is about.

As for the weather: Here in Vienna we got day's highs of 32 degrees (celsius that is) for a week now. quite high for this time of the year. Can't move without breaking a sweat.

Attalus 06-13-2003 01:42 PM

Afternoon, all. It's 70 degrees here, very abnormal for Texas in June. El Nino, beyond a doubt. It's like Spring, but a month late!

harleyquinn 06-13-2003 02:49 PM

Hey all!!!
It's been pretty quiet here today. Probably because ppl keep posting in the old cafe, LOL.
Actually, it's been quiet in the forum as opposed to some other days.
C'mon people, if you don't give me stuff to respond to, I'm going to have to start doing actual work [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sigmar 06-13-2003 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
This from a guy with nearly 8000 posts, and who registered after me, yet.
*Cough* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though congratulations, may you one day reach the plains of 10,000 my friend :D

(sorry about the double post, it was in the wrong thread! :D )

Night Stalker 06-13-2003 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Hey all!!!
It's been pretty quiet here today. Probably because ppl keep posting in the old cafe, LOL.
C'mon people, if you don't give me stuff to respond to, I'm going to have to start doing actual work [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Don't you still have four more power meetings? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

harleyquinn 06-13-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Night Stalker:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Hey all!!!

Don't you still have four more power meetings? [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE](with apologies to willow)

[img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] NS!!! I told you before, I had met the requirements by Wednesday morning. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Attalus 06-13-2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sigmar:
*Cough* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though congratulations, may you one day reach the plains of 10,000 my friend :D

(sorry about the double post, it was in the wrong thread! :D )

Ah, confusion breaks out among the ranks, again. Thanks for the good wishes, though. ;)

Aelia Jusa 06-13-2003 05:53 PM

Yeah congrats Attalus [img]smile.gif[/img] . I hit 3000 the other day! ;)

Wellard where do you live that it's going to snow? :eek: It's gone all autumny and unwintery here again this week :(

Judas Maccabeus 06-13-2003 06:05 PM

And I hit 100... a while ago. And I'm not that far after it.

Attalus 06-13-2003 06:18 PM

Thanks, Aelia and Judas M. Does El Nino affect Oz? Unlikely, but you know what they say about a butterfly twiddling its wings in Brazil ...

Kakero 06-13-2003 08:08 PM

So, what did everybody do on Firday 13th? hide in closet and pray nothing bad luck thing will happen.? :D

Luvian 06-13-2003 08:10 PM

I did something funny 10 mins ago.

I went to rent a movie, and on the way back home, I stoped at the Mc Donald's to get a McFlurry.

I went to the drive in, and told the girl over the interphone.

Small McFlurry, Oreo, no mustard.

Then she repeated it, then again in a confused voice:

A....SMALL....MCFLURRY...WITH.....NO...MUSTARD...?

And I replied, in a very casual way, yes, and she said ok... come to window 1.

Then I get there, she hand it to me, and I again ask No mustard, right?
And she replied in a confused voice noooo.....

On the way I was laughing so much I nearly died. :D

Some people are so oblivious...

EDIT: You should have seen the way she was looking at me... [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

[ 06-13-2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]

Attalus 06-13-2003 08:40 PM

At least she didn't say, "Ya want fries with that?" WTH is a McFlurry, anyway? Some kind of smoothie?

SomeGuy 06-13-2003 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
At least she didn't say, "Ya want fries with that?" WTH is a McFlurry, anyway? Some kind of smoothie?
McFlurrys are some kinda of ice cream sundayish thing from McDonald's. [img]tongue.gif[/img] They're actually quite good.

Luvian, That awesome dude. :D Need to try it myself at some point. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

TheCrimsomBlade 06-13-2003 09:31 PM

NO such thing as bad luck on friday the 13 for me. Today I made a good chunk of money on the stock market and also sold a few things on E-Bay for a little over $3,600.00 in bids so not a bad day for me.
Now I can pay off my wifes car and still have some left for a down payment on the toyota 4 wheel drive pickup that I want to buy. Tomarrow I'm going to the Toyota Dealer to see what they have and on the way there I think I'll stop at McDonalds and try a Mcflurry without mustard, With crushed OREO's LOL. That was one of the funniest posts I have ever read. I was drinking milk when I read it and I squirted milk out my nose and all down the front of myself. I would have given anything to have seen the look on that girls face.
About 5 years ago I went to McDonalds with 4 of my friends. We were all in the same line and ordered one after the other from the same really good looking girl. Terry, my best friend was single and was last to order. After he ordered the girl said "would you like some pie with your order?" Terry looked straight into the girls eyes and said "sure, what time do you get off work?" then we picked up the food and walked to a table so we could eat. Terry had said it loud enough that almost all the people working there started giggling and the girl at the counter turned bright red. We all ate our food and as we started to leave he walked over to the counter and said out loud "I'll just take a rain check on that pie". With that everybody in McDonalds started laughing really loud and that poor girl just stood there with her mouth open as we left.
Last june 15th He married that same Girl so on sunday a whole bunch of us are taking them to the same McDonalds and we have talked to the manager and he is getting 50 pies for us stacked like a cake as a joke.

[ 06-13-2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]

Cloudbringer 06-13-2003 11:09 PM

Luvian! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] You are a certifiable nutcase! LOL! On the other hand that poor girl may have gone back to the crew and told them a crazy guy just got a McFlurry with no mustard! LOL :D :D

Cloudbringer 06-14-2003 08:33 AM

Good Morning (afternoon or evening) to you all! I'm up early because one of my cats decided to walk over my head this morning. Which in and of itself is not such a bother, but when I put my hand up to move him, I discovered he'd dropped half a load of kitty litter from his box onto my bed. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And so, I'm up early on a Saturday! UGH!

WillowIX 06-14-2003 10:24 AM

Attalus! Which cafe are you in? Check the expiration date my friend. :D *giggles* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Morning folks. I have actually caught a glimpse of the sun today. [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

Attalus 06-14-2003 10:48 AM

Other Cafe? What other Cafe? [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] At least we have clear skies, and sunshine.

mysticelt 06-14-2003 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Good Morning (afternoon or evening) to you all! I'm up early because one of my cats decided to walk over my head this morning. Which in and of itself is not such a bother, but when I put my hand up to move him, I discovered he'd dropped half a load of kitty litter from his box onto my bed. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And so, I'm up early on a Saturday! UGH!

Cloudy! That sounds so yummy! MMMMMMM Glad breakfast is over LOL! Otherwise I might be tempted by one of those McFlurries - Hold the pickles on mine! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/jump.gif

[ 06-14-2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: mysticelt ]

Stormymystic 06-14-2003 11:37 AM

Good whatever it is for you :D I am in a semi good mood today it is getting way to hot and it is only june, plus we have to deal with extra humidity :(
which is at 80% *blah* I really wanna leave Arkansas and move to the north or south poles [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Cristian 06-14-2003 12:50 PM

hello everyone i need Caffeine NOW! anyway i stayed up fro 3 days now without sleep im ahndling it quite well.... my spellnig is gopng pretty bad but ill amnage.. anyway its so damn hot outside i want some rain now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sigmar 06-14-2003 12:55 PM

If you seriously want to stay awake during the day then may I suggest the sacred art of "the siesta" to you :D

By the way when you get to five days without sleep keep telling yourself that there are no gremlins hanging in the corner of your eyes and thre noise your fridge makes shouldn't be considered a threat...your washing machine on the other hand...

Cristian 06-14-2003 01:23 PM

What ya talking about the gremlins are for real m8 they are real nice buds when y a get to now em [img]tongue.gif[/img] and my washing machine has made noises for awhile think im going for my newly bought shotgun (i bought it cus you said i should when i get angry at my pc..)

Sigmar 06-14-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cristian:
What ya talking about the gremlins are for real m8 they are real nice buds when y a get to now em [img]tongue.gif[/img] and my washing machine has made noises for awhile think im going for my newly bought shotgun (i bought it cus you said i should when i get angry at my pc..)
...O_o

Did I say that, or did you just hear a random voice telling you to...did it come from the washing machine?

Not sleeping's bad m'kay. As for the gremlins, they're using you to get to your toilet water, stop them before its too late.

;)

[ 06-14-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

SomeGuy 06-14-2003 02:07 PM

*yawn* Sleepy... Need sleepy...Sleepy good... Must get more sleepy.. Good today everyone.. How're are you all?