Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Brainwash?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88097)

The Fallen One 10-12-2003 02:48 PM

http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html

crazy site. ppl trying to brainwash little kids...

post opinions

Zuvio 10-12-2003 03:58 PM

<font color=gold>
That's just so wrong. Kids don't get to think on their own this way. I really can't stand this kind of indoctrination:

Kid: Why does it rain?
Adult: God wants it to rain!
Kid: Why does God want it to rain?
Adult: He works in mysterious ways!
Kid: How do you know that?
Adult: Stop asking all those questions and simply believe in Him!

I see this all the time. Jehova's witnesses coming to my door (lot of witnesses by the way, you sure it wasn't broadcasted on TV?) explaining to me (!) that I need Him in my life so it will all be better:

A runner wins the 100m sprints -> he thanks god for this glorious victory.
The same runner loses a 100m sprint -> why doesn't he thank god for his loss?

When a child at young age loses a parent and it asks 'Why?' and some one tells it that it was the will of god, and despite that fact the kid should still love god, tell me: what kind of a moral person are you then?

Now I know what I'm talking about because half my family is religious. I'm ok that they want to preach their believes to people, but this is simple indoctrination and it should be stopped! These things scare me...
</font>

Stratos 10-12-2003 05:41 PM

Quite the story. This could be the next Jurassic Park:

http://objective.jesussave.us/dinoexpedition.html

Interpret it as you wish.

[ 10-12-2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]

Mack_Attack 10-12-2003 05:51 PM

Well that site is a little over the top. I tried the puzzle but always ended up in the bed. Ok I am a little tired today does that mean I go to hell.

And the spiritual safety tip was just plan scary. They really are sending a bad message with that one.

Ok I am not going into much more detail we all have a right to believe what we want. :D

:edited for my spelling

[ 10-12-2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]

The Fallen One 10-12-2003 06:01 PM

I think that when parents say "it is god's will", it limit's the children's knowledge, and also he will start thinking stupidly, thinking eveyrhting is god's will. It might be true, but there are scientific reasons as well. this one statement might even have the power to stop the growth of humankind. If a parent says that to his/her children, and the child says it to his/her children and so on.....

Donut 10-13-2003 11:34 AM

And don't forget to visit our store

I particularly like the Ruby Matrionial Thong and Camisole!

quietman1920 10-13-2003 12:52 PM

You know, after your read his website, you can almost see the horns on this guy:

http://objective.jesussave.us/paley.jpg

Firestormalpha 10-13-2003 12:57 PM

Hmmm.... I like the purpose, but not the method they are using.

Arledrian 10-13-2003 01:02 PM

ROFLMAO! This site is just too much - Hopsiah the Kanga-jew? Oh, mine sides! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 10-13-2003 01:03 PM

Quote:

If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,
TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!

You may be moved to try and witness to
these poor lost souls yourself, however
AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.

Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.
umm, excuse me, but I do not belive this is true, I know alot of people that are athiest, and are not like this

Firestormalpha 10-13-2003 01:07 PM

Hmm I must have skipped over that part. I only skimmed the site. Anyways, I do disagree with their views on atheists. I think it's nice they want to have their kids believe in God, but they are sending that message along with a bit of a hate message. That is not good. I didn't read to much of it, but is there a particular sect of Christianity that this site is affilliated with?

Rokenn 10-13-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.

Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.

umm, excuse me, but I do not belive this is true, I know alot of people that are athiest, and are not like this </font>[/QUOTE]lol, that is a hoot. I must remember to be more bitter and grumpy some day [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Gangrell 10-13-2003 03:32 PM

Quote:

[QB]If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

I don't have problems with people who are athiests, unless they bash God for no reason then I don' like them. But if I followed this guideline, I'd be throwing holy water on half the IW board [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 10-13-2003 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stormymystic:
[QB]If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

I don't have problems with people who are athiests, unless they bash God for no reason then I don' like them. But if I followed this guideline, I'd be throwing holy water on half the IW board [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]exactly my point :D

harleyquinn 10-13-2003 03:45 PM

Quote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,

AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

umm, excuse me, but I do not belive this is true, I know alot of people that are athiest, and are not like this </font>[/QUOTE]Reminds me of this email from some religious zealots (can't remember the group name) where apparently the leader didn't know the difference between Wiccans and Goths (my best friend's a Wiccan, and I was Goth in HS/College). Of course we're both evil satanists (NOT!!). We both got a good laugh out of that email. Sounds like this is more of the same BS.

Faceman 10-13-2003 03:47 PM

http://objective.jesussave.us/apatosaurus.jpg
Photographic proof at last!

I forgot if it was for dinosaurs or UFOs.

GForce 10-13-2003 03:48 PM

hahahahah! what a crazy [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] and funny [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] site.

harleyquinn 10-13-2003 03:49 PM

Sorry, but I find this to be VERY insulting (even though I'm not Hindu):

Hey, Habu...
How many gods do you have?
"I don't know, I lost count"

Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?

Jesus loves everybody, even the unsaved like Habu! Remember to pray for Habu and others like him that they may find Jesus and accept Him into their hearts!

Never mind that these morons apparently know NOTHING about Jews given how they say we saw the Mesiah. HELLO!!! We don't believe Jesus was the mesiah (I'm Jewish, but an athiest, confusing, no??? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I am ethnically Jewish, I just don't believe in God)

[ 10-13-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]

Vaskez 10-13-2003 04:00 PM

That site is embarressing! Gives Christians a bad name!

harleyquinn 10-13-2003 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
That site is embarressing! Gives Christians a bad name!
Christians, heck, it gives PEOPLE a bad name. I hope there are no aliens reading it.
Sometimes when I see sites like this I can't help but wonder if they were created by someone who was joking and there are just not too bright people out there who accept them as insightful!!

Faceman 10-13-2003 04:04 PM

and on a more serious note:
Quote:

The Internet was created by the United States of America - a Christian nation and should not be used to spread anti-Christian, secular, or non-Christian propaganda and hatespeech. This is our Internet, and we should exercise our position as its owners and as the guardians of civilization to stop its misuse.

“It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
- Patrick Henry, American Patriot

“Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord [i.e. Jesus Christ] one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names...”
- Article VII, US Constitution
1. The USA was the first country to be founded as a secular country. Hence the mentioning of God does nottake place in Article I of the constitution (as in EVERY other country which is based on religion) but only later on in a phrase which was common at this time and does not promote or emphazise religion. "The Year of our Lord" is simply a translation of A(nno) D(omini).
2. This is our internet kinda contradicts the whole purpose of the internet. It's a bit as if the first humans who developed speech/language had forbidden other humans to disagree with the argument: "This is our speech, we herbeby excercise our position as its owners and forbid you to disagree with us in any other way than inarticulate *UGH* "

Though agnostic myself I completely understand the wish to educate children religiously and strongly support that children should have knowledge of the Bible (simply because it is one of the most important books of our culture). But how noble the cause may be, it never legitimates lies, hate and prejudice.

One sidenote on the Atheists:
I may be wrong (not a theologist :D ) but AFAIK an atheist is somebody who beliefs that there is no god, while somebody who just indifferently states that there is no proof for god and he therefore doesn't belief in him is an agnosticist
The catch is that: "not believing" is not equal to "believing that not"

Faceman 10-13-2003 04:24 PM

http://objective.jesussave.us/pastorscorner.html

Oh and this is for the people who are interested in their views on "Triclavianism" which obivously is the heretic belief that Jesus was crucified with no more or less than three nails!!!
Geez, they even changed their webhost because he was too lenient on Triclavianism.

Sir Taliesin 10-13-2003 04:29 PM

<font color=orange>This is the type of intolerance and small mindedness the I mentioned in the "Your Friend... God" Thread that is also running on the General Discussion Forum today. I'm a Christian, but I will still listen to your points of view and be respectful of them unlike these people. And if we still don't agree after we talk, then we don't agree. Simple as that. We will still part as friends.

Chewbacca 10-13-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Hey, Habu...

Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?

How do they know my gods and goddessess don't love me?

Poor children, I hope that they break free from this indocrination as they grow into adulthood.

[ 10-13-2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]

Stormymystic 10-13-2003 05:02 PM

another quote
Quote:

We as Christians can learn from the dentists: instead of seeing Halloween as a time awash in tooth-decaying decadence, dentists have used it to promote proper dental hygiene by handing out toothbrushes, floss, and sugar-free candy to children. They have taken a frown and turned it upside down.

Just because the forces of the occult falsely lay claim to some of God's creations doesn't make them any less God's creations. (Artwork by Peggy Miller) It is important that we acknowledge that there are certainly lots of anti-Christian activities that go on during Halloween, including obvious and blatant things such as the reveling in demonology but also subtly subversive things such as "bobbing for apples", which is really a symbolic re-enactment of the Fall. These things are dangerous and need to be opposed by all good Christians. However, some of the traditional trappings of Halloween are not really occult. Bats, black cats, and spiders are all God's creatures too and skeletons are God's way of supporting your body; do not let ancient superstitions - whose origins are actually Pagan - keep you in fear of His creations.

Whether real occult dangers or misappropriated trappings, we must not let these put us off and cause us to retreat into our homes, turn off the lights, and pretend we are not home when the doorbell rings. No, we must face the anti-Christian challenges and vanquish them with the help of the Lord. We must take the fright and set it aright!

Just as the winter solstice - which was created by God, not demons - was reclaimed from the villanous grip of the Pagans in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we as Christians must reclaim Halloween. We must proclaim that Halloween is now Christ's holiday. From now on it shall be used to witness to the wicked and ignorant. What was once used by Satan as a recruitment program, shall now be used against him. Satan's tricks shall be turned into the Lord's treats!
ummm, so being of the pagan religeon makes us evil??

Barry the Sprout 10-13-2003 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Faceman:

One sidenote on the Atheists:
I may be wrong (not a theologist :D ) but AFAIK an atheist is somebody who beliefs that there is no god, while somebody who just indifferently states that there is no proof for god and he therefore doesn't belief in him is an agnosticist
The catch is that: "not believing" is not equal to "believing that not"

And it leaves it open for one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard:

- What do you get when you cross an agnostic, an insomniac, and a dyslexic?
- A man who stays awake all night wondering if there's a dog.

GForce 10-13-2003 05:07 PM

I wonder, if I worship my wife who is btw a Goddess, am i considered a pagan? She's the best. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Zuvio 10-13-2003 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chewbacca:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
Hey, Habu...

How do they know my gods and goddessess don't love me?

Poor children, I hope that they break free from this indocrination as they grow into adulthood.
</font>[/QUOTE]<font color=gold>
They won't, that's the sad part. Just like the children in Korea who are brought up to hate all americans, these kids will be completely indoctrinated in those beliefs. At least they aren't waving nuclear weapons around ....
</font>

SomeGuy 10-13-2003 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
And don't forget to visit our store

I particularly like the Ruby Matrionial Thong and Camisole!

O_O........... This site, and the thong, creep me out...

Firestormalpha 10-13-2003 09:08 PM

I'm tempted to say the site is on the border of cultist, but I admittedly don't know enough about them to go that far. Suffice it to say that I am not in agreement with their views.

Faceman 10-14-2003 02:13 AM

For some time I thought (especially when seeing the thong) that this was a parody/satire just like landoverbaptist (the site they are supposedly fighting) but it is too professionally made and not exaggerated enough for a parody.
To say a few words about landover:
This is a satirical but IMHO extremely overdone site. The fact that its satirical nature isn't mentioned anywhere is okay as it is rather obvious. But headlines like "Die already" over a picture of the Pope are just ofensive. I may be an agnostic but I carry deep respsect for the positive influence Christian culture has had on my (and various other) country(s). It's people like landoverbaptist who give atheism a bad name.

Chewbacca 10-14-2003 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zuvio:
<font color=gold>
They won't, that's the sad part. Just like the children in Korea who are brought up to hate all americans, these kids will be completely indoctrinated in those beliefs. At least they aren't waving nuclear weapons around ....
</font>

I know many people who have broken early religious indocrination, by various means and ways and at different times of life of course. Some left the offending denomination/church for good, some simply found a different denomination that doesn't participate in this kind of religious/philosophical prejudice, and some found a different religion/ spiritual path altogether.

IMHO Religious indocrination differs greatly from the kind of nationalistic indocrination typical of Authority/dictator states.

Unrelated but I find ironic: I was thinking how these kind of churches advocate praying for people like me and just today I prayed for the children of people like them.

[ 10-14-2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]

HammerHead 10-14-2003 06:04 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a parody made by the people behind Landover Baptists.

C

RevRuby 10-14-2003 04:09 PM

lambuel....how do you read that name? to me i hear it in my head as lamuel (sorry if i spell that wrong) who is (in the book of mormon) one of the brothers opposed to their prophet father lehi and the obediant son nephi. this i find amusing. of course lambuel could be pronounces as emmanuel, but i am not sure. either way i find that part amusing.

i find ruby offensive. i am tempted to create a new iw screen name and delte all my email accounts just to avoid association with her. not really but the thought crossed my mind.

and scaring kids away from ppl different is an old tactic. i find it disgusting as life would be boring without our differences. and truly if that were the way it should be i'd have no friends....well very few...as most of my friends are not mormon.

and as far as multiple gods not loving their subjects...as a witch of many years (obviously not anymore) i do not recall caring how many didn't love me. the fact that they respected me was enough.

i very much dislike this site even if it is satirical. it is enough to lead someone astray, and into the closed minded beliefs the site preaches.

and the dinosaur pic.....i wonder how many elephant knees they went through to find the perfect one? if the site is not a joke it should be made into one.

Faceman 10-14-2003 05:41 PM

In my experience with satiric sites on the net this would be an extraordinary exception if it really was satirical because
+ it's too soft and exaggerates to little (which is kind of the point of a satire)
+ it's too serious
+ it's too elaborate

However, the returned son (the redeemed ex-Marilyn Manson fan) for example sounds a bit unrealistic and more like the dream of all ministers.

Epona 10-14-2003 05:45 PM

"Some have criticized my stance on triclavianism as being counterproductive, arguing that making a point of doctrinal contention over not making a point of doctrinal contention over adiaphora is itself non-salvific. However, my critics are overlooking the dangers of triclavianistic doctrines: allowing adiaphora to creep into our credenda -- while possibly pushing the theologoumenic envelope and providing exciting new opportunities for supererogative works -- will most often serve to muddy the soteriological foundation of Faith, leading in general to ultramontane excesses and, in extreme cases, ebaptization (which is unacceptable pastoral malpractice, however rare it may be.) Doctrinal integrity, and hence salvific effectiveness, is best served by working to end triclavianism and similar erroneous, or simply adiaphoric, doctrines."

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

pritchke 10-14-2003 06:00 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> At least they don't demonize Halloween. </font>

While many Christians correctly see Halloween as a time of occult dangers - when Satan is out in force trying to corrupt our society - they overlook the fact that all things are created by the Lord for a purpose. So what is the purpose of this dark time of the year?

Consider this: At what other time of the year do throngs of unsaved children come to your door, begging for you to give them a treat? Why not use this unique opportunity to give these deprived children the best treat of all - the treat of Christ's Love and eternal Salvation?

http://objective.jesussave.us/halloween.html

:D <font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> Just avoid the houses with the crosses carved pumpkin. </font>

[ 10-14-2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Djinn Raffo 10-14-2003 06:10 PM

Ha, this is what they said in their 'evil consumerism' shopping section.

They have a picture of Darth Maul from Star Wars accommpanied by this caption:

"Darth Maul": Commercialized symbol of evil whose name sounds like "mall". Coincidence?

They also have this on that page:

J.C. Penny - The J.C. makes us think of Jesus Christ, thus associating our Lord with the lowest monetary value, the penny (even Judas valued Him at 30 pieces of silver!).
Sears - What the flesh of the damned does in Hell. It also sounds like "seers", Pagan mystics who engaged in occult premonitions.
Cinnabon - Sounds like "Sin Upon".
Orange Julius - Named for the Pagan Emperor of Rome. This company's mascot was once a devil, until they changed it to hide their true intentions.
Hot Topic - A recent store aimed at children that openly sells devil paraphernalia. Any guess as to why "hot" is in their name?
Hallmark Gold Crown Stores - Purveyors of Santamas tree ornaments depicting anthropomorphized woodland creatures (reference to Evolutionism) and Harry Potter merchandise. What notable person will have a mark and wear crowns? [Rev. 13:16,

I really like their reasoning behind the Cinnabon one..

[ 10-14-2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]

Firestormalpha 10-14-2003 06:31 PM

It's amusing when people presume to be holier than the book that tells them what it is to be holy. They are definately looking so hard to find the devil in things that they never bother to show others what God is supposed to be in the Christian faith.

Faceman can you post a link to the "redeamed son (ex-marylin manson fan)" bit. Sounds like an interesting bit to read, and I have A LOT of time on my hands.

harleyquinn 10-15-2003 12:26 AM

I'm willing to bet you the whole site's a joke. There are certain things on the site (like the mall, the picture of the caveman on the halloween page, etc) that lead me to the conclusion.
It's suttle, but that's the same type of humor my younger brother and his friends have, so I'm willing to bet the site's a satire.