Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, December 12, 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92480)

Cloudbringer 12-15-2004 10:42 PM

Oh Variol! I'm so sorry. :( You had her with you a long time and I'm sure she was pampered and loved and knew it! I know you'll miss her, I still miss kitties I lost years ago.

Just popped in to say good night to everyone, Oh and our washer blew today.. well, overbalanced and leaked all over (front loader)....whoohoo and joy joy...repair bills and waiting on repairmen!

Sir Goulum 12-15-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Well, we're behind you, but not by much. We used to get into the -20s, but this season it's warmer than usual. We're hovering around freezing, right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I heard on the news today that this year has been the 4th warmest on record, for the world! ( I think it was the world, anyways....)

wellard 12-16-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Just popped in to say good night to everyone, Oh and our washer blew today.. well, overbalanced and leaked all over (front loader)....whoohoo and joy joy...repair bills and waiting on repairmen!

How did a washing machine fall over ???. When you say it blew what exactly went bang? They are not hard to fix if the electrics are OK.

In the meantime perhaps Someguy can stop sweeping the floor and start doing the laundery by hand for you [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

aleph_null1 12-16-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I heard on the news today that this year has been the 4th warmest on record, for the world! ( I think it was the world, anyways....)
I wouldn't at all doubt it, dude. Until yesterday there hasn't been a winter in the D.C. area. It was literally in the 70s this weekend!

Now, of course, it's 29 degrees F with an 8 knot freezing wind.

[img]graemlins/dunno.gif[/img] Had to happen eventually, I guess!

Jorath Calar 12-16-2004 12:56 AM

Sorry about your dog Variol... but you know, all dogs go to heaven.

Anyway, I've been up since 2 am and now it's almost 6... thankfully I'm on evening shift today so can catch some sleep before it hit's 4 pm...

or should I call in sick and play video games all day.
never called in sick in the 2 and a half years I've worked there
hmmm choices choices...

dplax 12-16-2004 01:27 AM

Sorry to hear about your dog Variol. May her memory live on for long!

Callum 12-16-2004 04:22 AM

Sorry to hear about your dog Variol. That must really suck.

Cloudbringer 12-16-2004 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

How did a washing machine fall over ???. When you say it blew what exactly went bang? They are not hard to fix if the electrics are OK.

In the meantime perhaps Someguy can stop sweeping the floor and start doing the laundery by hand for you [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]Hehe...SomeGuy will love that, I'm sure. ;) :D

It was in final phase of the spin cycle, Wellard. Then it started making 'clunk clunk' sounds like the cylinder (wash tub) was off balance (which never happens with this new front load machine!) so we stopped it and rearranged the clothes then set it to rinse and spin again.

Started hearing the same sounds and then when Nacht ran to see what was up, he found water all over the floor, so we stopped the machine and emptied it and I 'm calling a repairman. HOPEFULLY it will be something that is still under warranty as it's now over a year old. :( Nacht said he heard something like a 'ball bearing' rattle, but I didn't hear it so I can't say what it was.

[ 12-16-2004, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Blunderbuss 12-16-2004 11:25 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Quote:

Isn't that a bad thing? With global warming and all that and I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Variol.

[ 12-16-2004, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Blunderbuss ]

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-16-2004 12:59 PM

Ah Variol that sucks. Our last dog lived until she was 17, then started to have fits and we had to put her down. You do miss them. But now we have some new dogs, another black lab, who is now 6 years old, and a springer spaniel which is 3 or 4. Great company [img]smile.gif[/img]