Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone- February 13, 2003 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84227)

Timber Loftis 02-13-2003 06:47 PM

Hi Attalus [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] hope you are well. As for the new job, here's what I posted on the "What's your job" thread:

Quote:

Good. Thanks for asking. 21st floor window office. Not huge, but the biggest office I've had. A large law firm like this is INSANE. We have a 24-hr dedicated word-processing staff 5 days/wk, and they work regular hours Sat and Sun. If my secretary is out for the day I can request one from the secretarial pool. I can send mine home at 5 pm and request a fresh one from the pool. I'm getting pads of paper with "from the desk of..." on them. I want books, publications, whatever, I just ask and I get a subscription. Craaaaaazzzzy. We even have our own library staff and document production staff - better than most Kinkos. 600 people work in the 10 floors we occupy in this building - and we have 6 other offices. :yikes:

Of course, I worked til 10 pm Monday and Tuesday, and went home at 6 pm yesterday only to be behind on work and have to drag in at 7 am this morning. Tonight I hope to get out by 7 pm if lucky. Trade-offs Trade-offs. :(
[Edit] Oh, and I just found out today that they bill me out at $175/hr as a Staff Attorney. HOwever, since I'm only supposed to be that title for a while, and then move into an Associate position, they bill me out at $270-290 on environmental matters. Really makes you think about your time seriously.

[ 02-13-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]

Attalus 02-13-2003 06:53 PM

I'll bet, TL. Think how much Ziroc could make if your posts here brought in that kind of money! Well, I'm just happy that I could get home at 4:30, today. :D

Timber Loftis 02-13-2003 06:55 PM

:Makes quick calculation: Mmmm..... WOW :rolleyes: You're right Attalus. Of course, we'd only get to collect on my legal ramblings here, 'cause who wants to pay anyone to opine about Marx, Plato, and Keynes all day. ;)

arion windrider 02-13-2003 07:20 PM

hi everyone [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

harleyquinn 02-13-2003 08:05 PM

Good Evening All! Hi Arion and Kat!
TL, you of course research using West Group products right [img]smile.gif[/img] Actually, it's fine if you don't. I work for them, but hate my job.

Hope everyone's well tonight (this morning for our friends elsewhere in the world).
*starts scrounging around for dinner* All this talk of food is making me hungry!

arion windrider 02-13-2003 08:07 PM

harley, my doll.. how are u tonite [img]smile.gif[/img]

harleyquinn 02-13-2003 08:13 PM

Hungry! Uh, I mean fine. Watching "Friends" and "Wild America" (what we call it when the kitties beat the crap outta eachother)
You know guys, when you're doing all this cooking, it's polite to make enough for all of us [img]tongue.gif[/img]
No clams though, please

arion windrider 02-13-2003 08:14 PM

harley dear make me some food :D ;)

harleyquinn 02-13-2003 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by arion windrider:
harley dear make me some food :D ;)
Why, do you have a death wish or something? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Just kidding, I'm a great cook. You should see the huge thanksgiving dinner I made this year for my whole family (my parent's came up, brother lives nearby). I even gave a small piece of turkey to the kitties. A thank you to them for them staying off my table and leaving the china alone.
I really do need to track down food, though. So bye for now.
<Font Color="Yellow">Cloudy</Font>, these floors REALLY need to be sweeped. Where is the sweeper/penguin?

arion windrider 02-13-2003 08:23 PM

bye harley dear [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] going to miss ya :D