Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The IW all other Cricket thread (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97049)

Memnoch 01-23-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Target:
Why oh why did they give Flintoff the captins job again, he just can't do it!!

Bring back Gower! </font>[/QUOTE]Bring back Jardine... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Leonis 01-26-2007 03:27 AM

Oh how abyssmal can England get? This is one of the worst examples of sporting performance ever. It didn't even matter that their good bowlers were out. It was all moot as yet again their batsmen didn't just collapse, they imlpoded!

It's all over not an hour into what should have been the second half of play. [img]graemlins/headshake.gif[/img] It's less than satisfying to win in this way.

They have some serious work to do, and some serious sackings to make. My suggestion? Try, The Team & then The Selectors! ;)

wellard 01-26-2007 03:56 AM

72 for 2 then all out for 110 rubbish!

Target 01-26-2007 04:29 AM

I didn't think England could have played any worse after the NZ game, but they have out done themselves today!!!
Please just send the England A team or School boys team to the world cup, they will surley do better!!

Leonis 01-26-2007 06:13 AM

Man, I feel sorry for the English fans... You don't deserve this. Kenya could beat England right now. The Netherlands, The USA! (Well, that might be going a bit far...)

Target 01-26-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis:
Man, I feel sorry for the English fans... You don't deserve this. Kenya could beat England right now. The Netherlands, The USA! (Well, that might be going a bit far...)
Haha, maybe not as far as you think!!
Why did they give Fred the captians job, the one game in the whole tour he was not the captian he got a good score!! well a decent score!! :D

Memnoch 01-26-2007 10:03 PM

Absolutely woeful stuff. I'd almost love England to get a win against OZ, so at least they might get come confidence back and test our team a little more. This isn't good preparation for the WC for us. So far Johnson, White and the other newbies in the team are looking like worldbeaters but that's because the competition's been pathetic! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Target 01-27-2007 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
Absolutely woeful stuff. I'd almost love England to get a win against OZ, so at least they might get come confidence back and test our team a little more. This isn't good preparation for the WC for us. So far Johnson, White and the other newbies in the team are looking like worldbeaters but that's because the competition's been pathetic! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]
Competition pathetic??? I'm English and Ithink your being to kind on the team!! :D

wellard 01-28-2007 08:15 AM

What a run chase by new zealand! I'm glad Osram got his 100. Ponting slagged of his Aussie bowlers as well. great game :D

Leonis 02-04-2007 11:52 PM

Wow. Interesting that this thread was quiet after Friday's match. But I'm happy to re-enter after yesterday's. :D

It's great, an interesting series now. It's good to see the Aussies stretched and challenged.

Real shame about Symonds though. The way the young bloods are playing, he's going to have to work exceptionally hard to make it back in once he's healed. :(