Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Aelia and Davros Aussie Sports Thread (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72782)

Aelia Jusa 12-03-2001 07:24 PM

Hmm, I think you're right ;) Well, I'm sure soon enough he'll realise he needs to dance to stay in here :D [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

New dress, uh... so does that mean there is an invite for me?

Yes a good Bat double century would do the trick. And the Waughs to try not to get out this time. We can't lose. It would be too humiliating :(

Davros 12-04-2001 06:24 AM

Way to go Aelia - lesson one - how to scare of the genie - mention that you want him to dance :D . Well it loked good for those couple of overs when Gillie was carving them up, but that wrtched run out of Steve Waugh was a momentum killer :( . So the Black Caps escape with a drawn series, and Donut has nothing to taunt us with. We would have made that target if we just had a bit more time darn it.

Well I usually take a "glass is half full" approach - the sporting worm looks to have turned and is no longer crapping on Australia. It's all go from here.

Not Wedding Dress - a dress for a wedding - the two are completely different ;) . So was that an acceptance to any of my advances (football and wedding dinner). Interested to see if you are going to say the Yes word - looks like you have a commitment problem there dearie :D .

OK, what is next on the sporting agenda - Lilac Hill against the South Africans. Sigh, my boss will be going on a corporate box invite tomorrow - I will be stack back at the plant filling in for him (another sigh - a bigger one). So, finished your Christmas shopping yet? Wiz 8 will be available on Dec 14, though I now know that you can get it via the Web from a guy in Melbourne on next da delivery. Considered this, but easier to return to a local store if there are any disk problems, so I just wait.

Hope you are getting that kind generous older brother something good for Christmas - he sounds like a decent chap ;) .

Aelia Jusa 12-04-2001 10:08 PM

Yeah a drawn series... kind of a shame that NZ didn't win the match, they did play well, and especially those questionable decisions (though I thought Tugger's was not out). But then they certainly didn't deserve to win the series so it was the best result all round. Except if we had won. That would have been the best result of course.

This was just warm up of course, for the real series against South Africa anyway. Who takes NZ seriously? :D :D

Commitment problems? Only with strange nearing-middle-age men I've never met who ask me to stuff five months in advance :D Funny that [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Wedding dress? I hope not ;) I just wanted to know if your friend had given you an extra invitation or whether it was still hypothetical. And I did say yes to the football [img]tongue.gif[/img] Perhaps your hearing is going; first sign of old age you know :D

Davros 12-05-2001 07:15 AM

LOL, that's the straightest answer you have given me yet :D - and all I had to do was mention "commitment" - that worked like a charm, I must file that away in the memory for next time [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] . OK, so I need to pester the Lions website for a couple of tickets. Will add that to my "To Do" list. Won't know about the invitation for a month or too yet - must get to and use up those frequent flyer points though.

Hmm, bring on the South Africans!!! They are chasing our crown as the best test playing nation, should be a good series, and here is a side that is truly still afraid of Mr Warne :D .

Nothing much else on the sporting horizon now is there. Everything is winding down for a Christmas break. I see the Pommies are still chasing leather over in India :D .

Aelia Jusa 12-06-2001 06:16 PM

Dearie me, leave this thread for a day and it falls to page three! And all the sport that's been going on ;) Good to see Deano second top scoring for the Chairman's XI. Show all those whippersnapers how it's done.

I'm glad Tony Lockett came to his senses. What was he thinking? And what would be the point of coming back for just one season anyway? Alfie's still keeping us on our toes but.

Wizardry 8 in a week (or so)! [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]

Scholarcs 12-06-2001 11:55 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Who takes NZ seriously? :D :D
<hr></blockquote>

I do. :D :D :D

Anyways, the umpiring was so dodgy that match I think that ref should be banned from cricket or something equaly extreme.

Davros 12-07-2001 03:49 AM

Hi Aelia,

:D , looks like we attracted a Kiwi to the party - howdy, and we must commiserate with those unfortunate umpiring decisions that you suffered ;) . Of course, your side were hardly playing fair - you had someone upstairs playing merry hell with the weather tap in the first two tests, otherwise the series would have been decided a long time ago.

Bit of a lull in sports all round I guess - we should have the South Africans to play with shortly though. And id anyone going to stand up and beat the Perth Glory sometime soon (please). Don't know what Plugger was on, butit seems to have worn off at last :D .

Wiz 8 is in Pulsar store in Melbourne (via the official Australian distributor - we should see it at a store near us soon - [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]

Scholarcs 12-07-2001 05:22 AM

lol yes you did attract a kiwi, and we'll beat you one day :D

Donut 12-07-2001 05:32 AM

Dreadful news about the murder of Sir Peter Blake by pirates on the Amazon. Those Americas Cup competitions were classics. :(

Davros 12-07-2001 07:40 AM

Yes Donut, it was sad news to the Kiwi's and the world - almost don't have the heart to taunt our new friend about his cricket team - almost :D . And how did your boys go on the sub-continent Donut - did they stand up and make a good account of themselves???? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]