Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 3, 2003 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86392)

Attalus 06-03-2003 09:06 PM

What's the smiley for being drowned in computer talk? It's not [img]graemlins/musicboohoo.gif[/img] . Thanks Larry.

Timber Loftis 06-03-2003 09:10 PM

Hey all. SUn is setting on this grey city, and I am at my desk again. [img]graemlins/musicboohoo.gif[/img] (Thanks for reminding me to use that smiley every now and then Atty). It's so sad. I can barely see the remnants of the well-worn spot where my feet used to rest. :(

Azred 06-04-2003 12:18 AM

<font color = lightgreen>Well. I haven't been here in a dog's age.

I think those online job listings are just a great place for getting lots of practice at making your resume fit into their "paste here" windows. Other than that, I haven't found them to be of too much use, myself. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] As it is, the wonderful job offer for which I interviewed three weeks ago is still in limbo, because they can't seem to arrive at a decision. Oh, well.....

Cloudbringer, [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] for good ol' WordPerfect 5.1. Just tell them what I usually say, "give me 2 days and a book and I'll learn my way around the program". I just love training classes.... :rolleyes: </font>

harleyquinn 06-04-2003 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Azred:
<font color = lightgreen>Well. I haven't been here in a dog's age.

I think those online job listings are just a great place for getting lots of practice at making your resume fit into their "paste here" windows. Other than that, I haven't found them to be of too much use, myself. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] As it is, the wonderful job offer for which I interviewed three weeks ago is still in limbo, because they can't seem to arrive at a decision. Oh, well.....

Cloudbringer, [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] for good ol' WordPerfect 5.1. Just tell them what I usually say, "give me 2 days and a book and I'll learn my way around the program". I just love training classes.... :rolleyes: </font>

Guess it depends on the career. When the economy's doing great, Monster is awesome for finding jobs as a programmer. Last time I was looking I got 15 calls about my resume a day after I posted it and the call continued for weeks. Been like that any other time I was looking also. Just not now because the economy here in Rochester is stagnant. Not going down, but not going up either.

harleyquinn 06-04-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Night Stalker:
check the pin count on her MoBo first. Also check how many slots are in each memory bank. MoBos that used SIMMs had either 1, 2, or 4 slots per bank. Every slot in the bank MUST be filled with the same chip type (capacity, speed, parity). The MoBo should have a group indicator on it to label the banks.
NS, does this mean that if there are 4 slots, they must all have say 16MB cards in them or can 2 have 16 MB cards and the other 2 have nothing? Sorry if that seems like a simple question, I'm learning my way through all this. Personally, I wish my friend would just get something new.

wellard 06-04-2003 08:56 AM

G'day everyone

[img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] coffee for all the cafe patrons. How are we this morning? It's starting to get chilly down here at nightime. The ski season starts next weekend. One of these days I will go. Does any body here ski?

johnny 06-04-2003 09:10 AM

Someone around here who plays NWN ?

I have a question... my game keeps crashing, i get all kinds of error messages. When i reboot my PC, i can play from where i left off, but a few minutes later it happens again.

Is this normal in NWN ? sounds familiar, anyone ?

mysticelt 06-04-2003 10:15 AM

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/x/coffeecup.gifG'Day Back At Cha'! Wellard! And THANKS for the coffee! Magik skis but I figure it's too late to be adding to the mortality rate in my family. http://www.armbcr.org/smiley/FINimu2.gifI will make a very willing ski bunny who stays at the lodge or snow mobiles or hot tubs. No danger of that here....Raining yet again, I am growing mushrooms behind my ears!

Attalus 06-04-2003 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Someone around here who plays NWN ?

I have a question... my game keeps crashing, i get all kinds of error messages. When i reboot my PC, i can play from where i left off, but a few minutes later it happens again.

Is this normal in NWN ? sounds familiar, anyone ?

Johnny, this sounds like a video card problem like I had before I upgraded. What does your new PC have?

Night Stalker 06-04-2003 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by harleyquinn:
NS, does this mean that if there are 4 slots, they must all have say 16MB cards in them or can 2 have 16 MB cards and the other 2 have nothing? Sorry if that seems like a simple question, I'm learning my way through all this. Personally, I wish my friend would just get something new.
Depends on the bank grouping. There should be a label on the board to show the grouping if there is one. Something like {.....Bank 0 ....}{.....Bank 1.....}. The ones that are grouped need the same chip in all slots. For example I once had a MoBo with 8 slots, grouped in two banks of 4. Bank 0 must have memory in it and should have the fastest chips. Bank 1 doesn't need anything.

To use your example, if there are 4 slots, they could be grouped singly or 2x2. If grouped, then you would need 2 16 MB chips of the same speed (70 ns for ex). They may not be grouped so then you could use only 1 16 MB chip.

Confusing .... no? [img]smile.gif[/img]