Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New albums from Yorick (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91295)

Bahamut 08-15-2004 01:49 AM

I am still drooling with envy Hark [img]tongue.gif[/img] Best of luck and keep up the good work!

Harkoliar 08-15-2004 03:36 AM

me??? just because i meet up with international chicks (including Aussie) doesnt mean im luckier than you. I need money for dating them first :D , Then you can drool with envy [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D .

edit: spelling

[ 08-15-2004, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

wellard 08-15-2004 05:41 AM

Just listened to 'She's a sun' and 'the one' Yorick. Top stuff indeed. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

If you are selling then I'm buying ... only not via internet my down load times and conections are crap. I must get broadband :rolleyes: Maybe via Derrick? or someone else down here?

Yorick 08-15-2004 08:01 AM

I'll snail mail it Wellard. Going through Derek might be a good idea too. I'll send him some tomorrow.

Firim Silraven 08-15-2004 04:47 PM

Great stuff, I really like it, especially 'The One' and 'Rescue'. I'll be buying the album from your site when I get my wages in a few weeks.

Your pop/rock sound is very much what I'd like to achieve on my music - you can hear some of it if you like at www.benmessenger.com or www.soundclick.com/benmessenger . If you like it and are maybe interested in a writing collaboration let me know, I like to write with new people all the time. A pity I'm on the wrong side of the atlantic, sometimes the wrong side of the world, for me to hire you as producer for my new album!

Leonis 08-16-2004 10:13 PM

Great stuff Hubi! Hey I'm at the folks and can finally download PCBS! Doing it now... Memories of pacing an empty theatre discussing merits...

Good luck with it all!

:D

The thread Harks was talking about is Here

So that's new Yorick from New York Yorick in New York, New York right?

[ 08-16-2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Leonis ]

Yorick 08-20-2004 06:22 PM

Cheers Delboi.

Harkoliar 08-21-2004 03:37 AM

Quote:

So that's new Yorick from New York Yorick in New York, New York right?
uhhh... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yorick 08-28-2004 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Firim Silraven:
Great stuff, I really like it, especially 'The One' and 'Rescue'. I'll be buying the album from your site when I get my wages in a few weeks.

Your pop/rock sound is very much what I'd like to achieve on my music - you can hear some of it if you like at www.benmessenger.com or www.soundclick.com/benmessenger . If you like it and are maybe interested in a writing collaboration let me know, I like to write with new people all the time. A pity I'm on the wrong side of the atlantic, sometimes the wrong side of the world, for me to hire you as producer for my new album!

Ben, I was looking at producing Helen J. Hicks in England at some point. That may or may not happen, but as of October, I'll be married to a native from London, so we'll definitely cross the chanel from time to time.

I had a listen to a couple of tunes. Cool stuff man. We could work together somehow.

Computers shrink distance also. Even if you wanted me to just mix/master some songs, I'd be up for it. You could just send me the dry, uncompressed, uneffected individual tracks, all starting at zero, and we're away. Aiffs preferably, but I can convert mp3s and wavs, and can import Sounddesigner IIs as well.

That would probably be a good way to start. You'd get to hear straight up, what sort of difference I'd make to your sound, and whether you like it or not. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do enjoy producing. Collaborating is an amazing part of the musical experience.

Thanks for the props re. my stuff bro. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sending you a Unidirectional today too!. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Firim Silraven 08-28-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yorick:

Even if you wanted me to just mix/master some songs, I'd be up for it. You could just send me the dry, uncompressed, uneffected individual tracks, all starting at zero, and we're away. Aiffs preferably, but I can convert mp3s and wavs, and can import Sounddesigner IIs as well.

That would probably be a good way to start. You'd get to hear straight up, what sort of difference I'd make to your sound, and whether you like it or not. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cool, sounds great. I'll get back to you about this sometime soon, I've got a very full schedule at the moment with summer work, university coursework and writing for my next album, and I'm still promoting the last one!