Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Forum Names (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92077)

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-29-2004 01:09 PM

I don't really like my name tbh. I am just called Ross on other forums, or R-D-L, or Ross.D.L

Unforutnately some guy (no not someguy :D ) with 2 posts has the name Ross, and I wasn't thinking R-D-L at the time, so I just made this crappy name. I did actually ask for a name change a while ago, but then it wasn't possible, it seems to be now though, so maybe I should give Dan another pm.

Raumiel Hellilenda 10-29-2004 01:09 PM

I made up my name myself...it happens to be the name of my most recent character. Not an elf like the countless others I have made, but rather a half-Erinyes. (I felt like something different)

Attalus 10-29-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaltia:
*Is going to see the Lost Prophets in concert in two weeks*

*Is ineffably smug*

*Got her name from a really lame character she made up. The character got trashed, but the name remained*

I thought it was a Drow Priestess who ate her own young at crossroads and sacrificed to Lloth every full moon. Or maybe that was Shadowkat.

[ 10-29-2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]

Dave_the_quack 10-29-2004 01:49 PM

My name is Dave. I am a quack. Hope this helps clarify where I got MY name :D

Lucern 10-29-2004 03:08 PM

"The lucern hammer is a hammerhead with a spike at its rear, mounted on a long pole, reaching as much as ten feet in length. In some cases, the end is fitted with a spike to keep enemy soldiers at bay. It is one of the heavier pole weapons and is rather slow. The entire weapon is usually made of steel, including the pole, and often is decorated with carvings and precious metal gilding...The lucern hammer gets its name from the Swiss city of Lucerne, whose armories were well stocked with the weapon, so much so that scholars named them after the city."

Cost: 7 gp Weight: 15 lbs size-L Type P/B Speed Factor 9 Dam: S-M 2d4 L 1d6
(This weapon inflicts double damage when set to receive a charge)
- AD&D Arms and Equipment Guide for 2nd Edition

That's right
<----Nerd. lol
I basically just stole it playing Silent Storm trying to think of a name for an Axis soldier. I realized shortly afterwards that it's a city and part of a weapon.

Can you believe it has only as much damage as a broadsword? Even less for large creatures? *grumbles*

[ 10-29-2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Lucern ]

Jaradu 10-29-2004 03:27 PM

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] Lucern. I know what it's like to think up a name and find out afterwards that it actually exists - "Jaradu" is in fact an Egyptian Airport. :D

Stormymystic 10-29-2004 04:28 PM

I really am not sure why I choose this name...but I did choose stormy because I tend to have mood swings that range in the lightning coming out from my eyes ;)

Sigmar 10-29-2004 04:52 PM

Sigmar- Been a while since I played Warhammer...but...

I believe he was the Patron God of the... not the Bretronnians..the other humans, can't remember >_< !

I'd change it to Cypher if I could, though I didn't do it back when Ziroc offered us the chance. Ah, well, I'm an idiot! :D

Lucern 10-29-2004 05:22 PM

lol Jaradu, that's really funny. At least I ended up with a midieval weapon, not something weird like an airport [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Works for an elven warrior or mage though I must say.

SecretMaster 10-29-2004 06:13 PM

Well lets see, I originally joined IW for BG II help. But I was watching the BGI forums for awhile. I chose SecretMaster cuz I knew of all these neat tricks and spoilers in BG, and thought I was the only one. Most knew the ones I knew, but I still retain a few original secrets from BGI.