Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ack! Blatant plea for sympathy.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89837)

Arledrian 04-16-2004 05:17 PM

So sorry to hear this, Cloudy. I really hope he gets better soon so the two of you can stop worrying. Take care of him and yourself.

Cloudbringer 04-17-2004 10:05 PM

I'm trying to get things done, take care of him and rest...wow, now I really do want longer days! [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks Aelia and Arledrian. He's no worse and is getting lots of rest, so I'm hopeful it will pass and he'll be well soon.

Think I'll go have a cup of tea- just made one for Jim. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ehrys 04-17-2004 11:19 PM

Don't make anything caffeinated. It will just dry him out... and he'll need to retain water in his system to both fight the bacterial infection as well as pump the antibiotics through his liver.

Epona 04-19-2004 04:41 AM

Cloudy, I'm sorry to hear this - been at my new boyfriend's house all weekend and have only just read the boards to find this.

Please look after yourself and Jim, thinking of you both and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Cloudbringer 04-19-2004 09:00 AM

Ehrys, thanks! We've been mostly getting water, gatorade and chicken soup into him! Nothing carbonated so far. The antibiotics are really knocking him out, but they do seem to be helping!

Epona, thank you! We're trying to get more rest, despite the chaos! He is feeling a little better and was much more lively when awake yesterday, for which I'm very grateful!

Can I just say here, that Ironworks is amazing...you've all be so wonderful. It just makes me feel privileged to be a part of things here even more than usual. Thank you all so much for your words of advice, your sympathetic ears and the cheering up! You're the best!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Skippy1 04-19-2004 09:19 AM

Awww, stop all the gooey stuff will ya! :D

Sounds like he's turned the corner then. Tell him I have a virtual BBQed rump steak ready for him as soon as he feels up for it! :D

Cloudbringer 04-19-2004 09:33 AM

Skippy, he'll be up and running if I tell him that! LOL, he loves steak! Thanks!

Sir Kenyth 04-19-2004 12:43 PM

Cloudy, if he's not up to eating meals yet, here's a high energy, easily digestable concoction. He'll probably like this as long as his stomach isn't too upset. Mix OJ with a bit of vanilla ice cream and a bit of protein drink mix if you have it.

Cloudbringer 04-19-2004 01:33 PM

Sir Kenyth, he's been up to eating soup and even peanut butter on crackers and yesterday had a real meal for dinner! At first he only wanted water and the crackers and slept round the clock for a few days, so I am really happy to see him eat more normally and be awake a little longer!

I'm not sure if he should be going back to work tomorrow, though he wants to.

LordKathen 04-19-2004 01:39 PM

<font color=lime>Thats great that Jim is doing better! Hope it stays that way. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>