Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OFF TOPIC - what countrys do you live in? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50503)

draconia 01-30-2001 01:47 AM

BTW, Talieson, I speak spanish but not very well unfortunately. I am not sure how to say OK in Spanish. The only thing that comes to mind is Esta Bien. I can be wrong. Maybe someone else knows. If no one else knows and you haven't found out, then I will ask and let you know. I am curious now myself. I guess I am going to have to call my mom in the morning.

draconia 01-30-2001 01:53 AM

Nevermind, I just thought about it and Esta Bien means just fine. Am I bad? I don't even know my own native tongue. I should be shot.

Talieson 01-30-2001 02:07 AM

Draconia,

You shouldn't be shot! That is a little drastic. Like someone said earlier "you either use it or lose it". Didn't you say that you hadn't been to Mexico in a long time? If you don't have someone to speak it with, you will forget it. A thought has just crossed my mind though; that you could teach your children to speak spanish and then you would have someone to speak too. Forgive my ignorance, but aren't there other spanish speaking people where you live? I figured Utah would have a large spanish speaking minority.

turbovee 01-30-2001 02:16 AM

I live thirty minutes from the Mexico border and my Spanish is horrible! The only Spanish speaking people in Utah are the High School spanish teachers. From what I know about Green River I think they chased out all of the non english speaking residents. I know they sure tried in Salt Lake City. Sorry Draconia, Had to do a little Utah bashing. Just joking, No offence

draconia 01-30-2001 02:20 AM

Talieson, thanks but I feel like I should of kept up with it so I can teach my kids. There are quite a few Mexicans here in Green River but they don't talk to me. Most of them don't even know that I am Mexican. I don't look like I am. I have very light skin and freckles. I can't tan but I sure can burn well. It has been about 7 years since I have been to Mexico. My mom goes every year but when we talk, we only talk in English so she can speak English better. I tried teaching my 6 yr old a little of what I know and he isn't interested. He told my mom not to talk to him like that when she spoke to him in Spanish. I do plan on trying to relearn Spanish because I do want to make a trip to Mexico and visit family.

draconia 01-30-2001 02:30 AM

LMAO Turbovee. None taken. I do some Utah bashing myself and other bashing which I won't mention. The Mexicans that are here, only stay for the summer because there is no one else to pick melons. I am sure that they get chased out after that. The town folk chasing them down the street with pitchforks. Sounds like Green River mentality just kidding

turbovee 01-30-2001 02:41 AM

Is there anyway you can escape the prison called Utah? I feel bad for you. Is there anyway you can convince your husband to move?

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-30-2001 03:37 AM

Javi-
Stred is greek
but he's hasn't been here for long
he is such a RPG obsessed guy
I asked yhim once what i should play after BG2 and he came out with 9 sugesstion and that was coz he didn't know i hadn't played fallout yet coz then i would have been 10

draconia 01-30-2001 03:41 AM

Thanks Turbovee but my husband won't move. This is where he wants to live but he is trying to get another job where we can move out of Green River. He just doesn't want to move out of Utah. I think things would be better if we moved out of Green River. There are some places to move to in Utah that the ppl pretty much leave you alone and it doesn't matter where you come from. I don't know if you know where Price is but that is an option. My bro-n-law moved there and he says that ppl are alot better there and they don't care that you don't go to church and that you aren't from Price. So I hope that we can go there. So for now, Utah is my prison for the rest of my life. I can deal with it tho as long as I can move out of the hellhole called Green River.

kit strongarm 01-30-2001 04:16 AM

I'm from the Philippines, and currently at Chapter 2 of BG2.

fighter-thief 01-30-2001 07:22 AM

um hello
i'm from WEST VIRGINIA(the state some people don't know that it is it's own state)
and i want to say that i enjoy these off topics and i feel for the Lady stuck in the 9th plane off hell thats slowly draining her life its seems men dont realize that women have to be happy where they live or there always depressed (and we[men]cant see why there mad all the time,go figure) and collecting dragons is cool but i have trouble finding one good enough to capture the essience of a dragon off topic i think dragons are to beutiful
alright i'll stop now,sorry i ramble

draconia 01-30-2001 11:38 AM

Fighter-thief, I agree with you on the dragon thing. They are very beautiful and I love to collect them. I do have some really neat dragons in my collection. I do have some really beautiful pictures. It is hard for me not to buy every dragon I see. And yes, living in this hellhole is depressing but if I moved somewhere that my husband didn't like and he was unhappy, then things wouldn't be better. It does go both ways but my husband and I are opposites. So for now, I am in the "9th plane off hell" and I will continue to come here and hopefully make friends.

fighter-thief 01-30-2001 11:51 AM

i understand what you mean for me i sacrifice for my wife and naturally for my kids i suppose that i was brought up or thats just the way i am ,that i can make do no matter what but women and childre come first i have been married since i was 18 and have had two haomes owned by me just to please her [god that was stupid]but i've learned to make her happy or i'll never be happy thats why i have my crpg's so i have somewhere i can get away and i'm sure your husband is a great man that is doing the absolute best he can other wise you wouldn't be there so im sorry your in the small town hell tell Andy Griffth "Hi"[just joking please dont let any of this make you mad if so tell me please

Ladyzekke 01-30-2001 11:56 AM

Turbovee - Oops! You are right I gave credit to Accord when it was really your suggestions that helped me out greatly. Sorry sorry! Don't be sad, your ego is still intact! Ertai told me how to do the smiley/sad faces. Lets see - just type this in, but do not use any spaces in between:
: - ) is regular smiley face
: - ( is sad face
: P is smiley with tongue sticking out
: D is smiley with big smiles
8 ) is smiley with sunglasses

Haven't tried them all so I hope this is correct
Yorick - Chili came out great. Good to hear from you, I miss conversing with you and Moiraine. Thought you guys were avoiding me
Draconia - I as well am sorry to hear about your feelings about where you live. I feel stuck where I live as well, but I have a good job and wonder if I moved somewhere else if I would be able to get one just as good. If I had a choice I would pick a place far away from the city where I could take a deep breath and not cough on the pollution! Hey, did you ever check out that dragonrealm website I mentioned?

draconia 01-30-2001 11:59 AM

No Fighter-thief, you have not made me mad in any way. I think it is great that you do what you can for your wife and children. My husband is trying to move me out of Green River. He knows how miserable I am here but I make the best of it. I put my husband and children first and whatever makes them happy, I am happy. Even if it means living in Green River. I think what makes it the hardest on me is that my husband works in Colorado 5 days a week. His job sucks but it pays well and I am able to stay home with my kids. Yes, he is gone all week and I am here alone for those 5 days. I just stay home and stay away from the Green River ppl. That makes it a little easier to tolerate it here. I do have BG1 and BG2 to keep me occupied as well as my kids.

draconia 01-30-2001 01:03 PM

You guys are great!!! You all have made me feel welcome here.
Charlie- I find happiness in my children and when my husband is home with us. There is happiness in my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I make do with where I live by watching my kids grow and learn new things everyday. Living in Green River is the only down thing in my life.
Melusine- I agree, Long live the Internet!!!
Yes Larr 2 I agree with everything you said. I can read in Spanish better then I can speak it.
AHHH to see dragons flying!!!
Everyone have a great day. I am off to Salt Lake City. I get to leave Green River for a day. Yippee!!!!!

Moiraine 01-30-2001 01:15 PM

Draconia,

I am a bit late, but you get all my sympathy. It stll feels weird (and wonderfule) to me that I feel much closer to some of you board people than to most of my neighbours, at home or at work.
Here on the board, you can make the whole world your home. "Home is where the heart is", as the saying goes.

Lucre 01-30-2001 01:22 PM

HAY Blink182 is not me i gave it to my friend who is Chris Mills.(and bloody annoying).

Yorick 01-30-2001 01:29 PM

Ladyzekke, now why would we do such a thing?
I've been locked in a studio producing a female vocalists album. 15 hour days minimum to meet a crushing deadline. Ended up getting three hours sleep on the second last night and none on the last night because I had two live gigs I hadn't accounted for.
Got it done though. Sounds good, she's happy. Off I go to Europe...

Oh yeah I don't do drugs, so it was all coffee (a contradiction yes I know) and adrenaline and an obsessive focussed nature that got me through. I used to be a workaholic and had forgotten what the hours do to you. Totally knackered today, yet I had another project at my home studio to wrap up with someone else (Sarah for your info Moiraine).

Maybe I should get a website to put up some of this music to download. How would I do this best? I know some designers here but they either cost way too much or don't have the time. Any ideas?

draconia 01-30-2001 01:30 PM

BTW Fighter-thief, thanks for being my friend. And you also have a friend here in Utah.

Ladyzekke 01-30-2001 01:59 PM

Yorick - You do sound like you've been very busy. Glad it all worked out for you in the end with your female vocalist. You should definitely create a website, I know many of us here would visit it! BTW, how many books have you received so far? Just curious. I guess I'm being overly sensitive because ever since I created that thread about Moiraine, she has not spoken anything too me on the board, just skips me and answers everyone else.

Draconia - I agree those dragons on that website are very expensive for just a model. I came close to ordering one anyway but then thought better of it because I'd hate to receive it in the mail and have it not look as good as the pictures. Have a great day in Salt Lake City!

Lucre 01-30-2001 02:04 PM

Have i just made the biggest thread ever

Charlie 01-30-2001 02:13 PM

Nope.

What's in your name is a continuation and is somewhere around 150 odd and still going strong. you're getting there tho.

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-30-2001 02:14 PM

I'm afraid you havent Jerome hold the record with 133
and the whats you name topic split up in 2 topic was about 145 if i'm right
but just wait
mirecals do happen

Yorick 01-30-2001 02:31 PM

Naaaaa Zekke, Moiraine loves you. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm ducking up to the college tomorrow(today) to collect all the books. I haven't had a chance to get up there yet. I got you to send them there because my own mailbox is fairly small, but I didn't realise I wouldn't be there for a while. Not that I've had time to read since they arrived. Thanks again for sending them though, I can't wait!!!

Charlie's right, 'what's in a name?' is the longest. Still, posting a thread is like having a child or writing a song, once it's out there it takes a life of it's own. I've seen originators try to tell posters to stay on topic or stop posting... like they 'own' or control a thread (LOL).

Hey Lucre, has anyone called you filthy? (pun)

Man Ladyzekke, looking back up the thread that sad face you put in looks VERY sad(chuckle)
Don't be sad... Hey whatever happened to your old buddy Suul Yinn?

Blink182 01-30-2001 02:55 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Mike sucks cocks

Moiraine 01-30-2001 03:00 PM

LadyWendy of my heart,

how, how can you doubt my affection for you ?!?

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks ... for your so kind "MOIRAINE !" thread !!!!!
No give me your most wonderful smile, will you ?

Today was almost a 'no board' day for me : first my computer at work was reinstalled from scratch all morning (felt as if I was deaf and mute), then I spent all afternoon at my husband Luc's office, only able to borrow a laptop from time to time, and I hate those, no mouse, writing on my lap ... so I only answered a few posts. Is all !

Yorick, always nice to see you.

Ladyzekke 01-30-2001 03:57 PM

OK OK sorry for being such a big baby Moiraine! I just thought perhaps I might have overstepped boundaries raising that thread and bringing all this attention towards you. I just didn't want you to go because of some ill-tempered guy who started in on you. I saw that whole anti-Poll post that was made and came very close to saying something nasty in your defense but couldn't because I was really busy at work at the time. Later, when I got home, the topic had dropped down and I thought it best to let fall into oblivion where it belonged. Glad to hear from you again and I am no longer sad, see? I know how you feel about the laptops. I tried this past Christmas at a relative's house to use my husbands to play BGII and it didn't work out very well. I forgot a mouse pad and couldn't find a proper hard surface anywhere to use the mouse and the skylights in the house kept a constant glare on the screen and I could hardly see anything!
Yorick - I don't know what happened to Suul-Yinn. I really miss him he was a really nice guy(much like you)!

Talieson 01-30-2001 04:00 PM

Hey Draconia,
Sorry I left you hanging out there last night. That was way past my bed time. I was on Cold mediciene and I had to go to sleep. Sorry to hear that you live in such a rotten town. Unfortuately, I have found that they are everywhere anymore. I never have understood why some people won't just leave everyone else alone. Got to go sticking their nose in other peoples business. I don't think they would like me in your town. I'd probably get them told in a hurry. I know my wife would! Larr2 thanks for the Spanish lesson. I'll tell my little girl that tonight after I get home.

Blink182 if you really have nothing intelligent to say, don't say anything. That was unnecessary.

Well got to get back to work. See ya later.

draconia 01-31-2001 01:32 AM

I would like to thank everyone that has been really nice to me.
Moiraine, I am glad that you are here to stay. I hope to get to know you better.
Lady Zekke, I had a good time in Salt Lake. I spent way too much money but I don't get to go there often.
Talieson, that's ok, after I replied I went to bed too. I was only up that late because my little girl decided she wanted to play instead of going to sleep.
I hope that I can get to know all of you better. I will deal with the town I live in. Things could be worse and some ppl are in a worse situation than I am. I hope all of you have a great night. I just got back and I thought I would come in and say hi and thanks.

turbovee 01-31-2001 01:54 AM

If you're still awake. I'm glad you could get out and enjoy yourself. I give you all my support and best wishes and if you just feel like talking about anything, like Utah bashing, my E-mail is on my profile and on the icon at the top of the thread. Drop a line. or just start a new topic and keep us updated on your situation.

draconia 01-31-2001 01:59 AM

Thanks Turbovee, that is really nice of you. I might just do that. It is nice to be able to rant. If my husband gets the job I hope he gets, then we will move and I will definitely let everyone know. I am sure that this place will be the first place I go. I will be so excited that I will be unable to contain myself. I just might have to do back flips.

turbovee 01-31-2001 02:05 AM

I was just thinking about what a crazy forum this turned out to be! Form talking about a video game to books, people's origins, hobbies and now concern for complete strangers. Too cool! I looked at some of the other forums for other games on the ironworks network and none of them come close to the hits and the group that we have established here!

Memnoch 01-31-2001 02:10 AM

Blink, I'm only going to give you one warning to stop trolling. Trolls have no place on this board. Your IP address is logged as 195.92.194.20. Continue with this bullshit and I'll make sure that IP gets blocked. And it doesn't matter if you're using a computer lab, internet cafe or whatever. If you want to be an idiot, be an idiot someplace else.

Lucre, I notice you share the same IP address as Blink. it might be in your best interest to tell him to lay off or post elsewhere otherwise it would be a shame if you're unable to post either because of him.

On a more pleasant note, I've from the City of Wonder, Sydney!!! Here's a photo of the view from my apartment!

turbovee 01-31-2001 02:19 AM

I'm glad to see a veteran was as disturbed by this as I was. We have a good forum without a bunch of smartass immature knuckleheads spouting nothing but a bunch of shit.

Yorick 01-31-2001 04:52 AM

Hear hear.

Donut (Son of Donut) 01-31-2001 05:41 AM

I'm in Enfield on the outskirts of London - it's raining!

Sylent 01-31-2001 06:27 AM

I hail from the jovial state of victoria!
Outer eastern melbourne to be precise... I guess I am one of the "bunch of aussies"...
Altohugh I don't know about the great part
It is not raining here - is that strange, it seems to be dreary and wet in most places from the sound of it...
Is it actually possible to get more than 110+ on a message, without it crashing the board?

Magepower 01-31-2001 08:50 AM

I live in Croatia, in eastern part.

Memnoch 01-31-2001 09:01 AM

Please don't post any more on this thread, it might crash the board. Click here to link to the continuation of the thread.

Thanks everyone!

PS Yorick, start packing!!!