Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Allergies. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91683)

Aelia Jusa 09-18-2004 04:37 PM

Pollen and such. It makes my eyes run more than my nose (although I do get sneezy, too). Also I seem to have allergic reactions when I'm bitten by ants - the site swells up quite a lot and goes really red and angry and hot. So I don't sit on grass very often.

Xen 09-18-2004 04:41 PM

AFAIK I don't have any of them. But my two friends have them. One is allergic to milk :eek: , the other one is allergic to pollen.

Vaskez 09-18-2004 05:24 PM

I've never been tested for allergies but from experience I have slight hayfever (taking homeopathetic hayfever remedies makes it go away though) and am allergic to certain insect bites such as from horseflies. When I get bitten by a horsefly the bite will swell up for about 3 days then stay like that for a day or 2 then start to go down but will still be visible for a couple of weeks. Three years ago I got bitten right next to my eye and it swole up so bad I couldn't see, two years ago I got bitten on my hand and my whole hand swole up so it looked like I had the hand of a really fat guy while the other hand was normal. Last year just got bitten on the back of my leg behind the knee so couldn't bend leg properly. Heh. Luckily am not allergic to wasp stings as have been stung by those quite a few times.

Felix The Assassin 09-18-2004 06:27 PM

Common dust, pollen, rag weed, grass (all 5 variants ;) ) everything that a cedar tree produces. Aspirin, and all aspirin related pain relievers. Smelly, stinky people that only bathe once a week in dirty water, and has no idea what deodarnt, a tooth brush and paste, or soap is.

The thing that causes me the most irritation is: Some good samartian who drives at the same speed as all other lanes, while in the left lane!

Stormymystic 09-18-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stormymystic:
sunlight (I sneeze when I see the sun)

Woah!!! are you serious?? This would suck, and ive never heard of this happening, unless your 1/10th vampire and it doesnt fully effect you :D </font>[/QUOTE]the sunlight was a joke, however I can not take sunlight for long periods or I do burn fast..yes I have tried getting a tan, and wound up in the Emergency room because I was blistered from head to toe.

another true allergy I have is adhesive, like those found on hospital tapes, if I use it it eats away at my skin until I am so raw that I can not stand to be touched.

Vaskez 09-18-2004 07:03 PM

Poor Stormy! :( no, not being sarcastic for a change, I do actually feel sorry for you with all your allergies!

dplax 09-18-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
no, not being sarcastic for a change
Are you ill? This isn't the Vaskez we have known so far.

edit: I am being sarcastic for a change. :D

[ 09-18-2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Stormymystic 09-18-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
Poor Stormy! :( no, not being sarcastic for a change, I do actually feel sorry for you with all your allergies!
thanks..I think, I am unsure how to resond to that one, lol. but heh, you live and learn to deal with them [img]smile.gif[/img] I used to not have allergies, they came up when I moved back home from the gulf, then it was one after the other popping up.

Vaskez 09-18-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dplax:

edit: I am being sarcastic for a change. :D

I never would've guessed :rolleyes: [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Gxc 09-18-2004 11:14 PM

I am Allergic to pollen but not as much as i was younger.