Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   X men questions (spoilers) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40383)

Morgeruat 02-21-2005 09:00 AM

I was referring to his role as part of the brotherhood of evil mutants, although Toad was given much more care and skillful usage than Sabertooth. An actual bit of Sabertooths personality was allowed to be shown on screen, as opposed to Lady DeathStrike, who was there to walk around, hit buttons on a keyboard, and fight (and lose to) wolverine.

Jerr Conner 02-21-2005 11:25 AM

I just wish they had at least shown a spark of recognition between Sabre and Wolvie.

Morgeruat 02-21-2005 11:57 AM

exactly. So much personal history between the two of them, ignored to no real purpose. Hell even a mention of their time on alpha flight would've been super duper.

Sir Degrader 02-21-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Morgeruat:
as opposed to Lady DeathStrike, who was there to walk around, hit buttons on a keyboard, and fight (and lose to) wolverine.
Well, then they would have to get into the whole Mariko thing, and really, isn't one tragic death enough in a movie (unless its cyclops, he can die all the time, I hate that chump).

Davros 02-22-2005 07:41 AM

Hey Sir D - you have hit on something that I can agree with you about - Cyclops sux ;) .

DrowArchmage 02-25-2005 07:00 PM

wow,you guys watch xmen a little too much

Cerek 02-27-2005 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Also about Logan getting the Adamantium reinserted, it occured during the whole Y2K fiasco, Apocalypse made Wolverine his new Death, gave him back the adamantium, and a severe desire to see the X-men dead, he of course failed and was re-recruited to the team (they discovered a Skrull had been impersonating wolvie since Apocolypse had abducted Logan some months earlier).
<font color=plum>OMG - you have GOT to be kidding!!!! That is so, freakin' LAME!!!! Instead of trying to salvage a stupid scripting mistake, they say "It wasn't Wolvie at all...it was really a Skrull - yeah, THAT'S the ticket". :rolleyes:

They pulled the same CRAP in the Fantastic Four during the mid-80's. During the Secret Wars mini-series, Ben Grimm (the Thing) actually managed to get control of his "transformations. He could switch back and forth from the Thing to Ben Grimm at will - something he had sought ever since being hit with those cosmic rays in the first place. So he decided to stay on BattleWorld after the Secret Wars were over while the rest of the team came home. Grimm had a girlfriend back home, a girl that was blind, so she didn't view him as a "monster". When he didn't come home, she eventually developed a romance with Johnny Storm. Then, YEARS later, Marvel decides that wasn't a good storyline, so guess what - they come out with the explanation that Johnny's girlfriend was actually a SKRULL that had been sent as an implant and the real Alicia had been captured and secluded away all this time.

GOOD GRIEF!!! Sounds like they have decided to just use the "say it was a Skrull" excuse at least once every decade. At least they didn't use this excuse back during the whole Spiderman-Clone fiasco - but by all accounts - that was one of the stupidest storylines they ever came up with anyway and they basically had to scrap the whole thing and say "OK, it did happen but it didn't really affect anything permanently and now everything is back to normal just like it should have always been".

Like I said, that is why I finally quit collecting comics back in the early 90's.</font>

[ 02-27-2005, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Cerek ]

DrowArchmage 02-28-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cerek:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Also about Logan getting the Adamantium reinserted, it occured during the whole Y2K fiasco, Apocalypse made Wolverine his new Death, gave him back the adamantium, and a severe desire to see the X-men dead, he of course failed and was re-recruited to the team (they discovered a Skrull had been impersonating wolvie since Apocolypse had abducted Logan some months earlier).

<font color=plum>OMG - you have GOT to be kidding!!!! That is so, freakin' LAME!!!! Instead of trying to salvage a stupid scripting mistake, they say "It wasn't Wolvie at all...it was really a Skrull - yeah, THAT'S the ticket". :rolleyes:

They pulled the same CRAP in the Fantastic Four during the mid-80's. During the Secret Wars mini-series, Ben Grimm (the Thing) actually managed to get control of his "transformations. He could switch back and forth from the Thing to Ben Grimm at will - something he had sought ever since being hit with those cosmic rays in the first place. So he decided to stay on BattleWorld after the Secret Wars were over while the rest of the team came home. Grimm had a girlfriend back home, a girl that was blind, so she didn't view him as a "monster". When he didn't come home, she eventually developed a romance with Johnny Storm. Then, YEARS later, Marvel decides that wasn't a good storyline, so guess what - they come out with the explanation that Johnny's girlfriend was actually a SKRULL that had been sent as an implant and the real Alicia had been captured and secluded away all this time.

GOOD GRIEF!!! Sounds like they have decided to just use the "say it was a Skrull" excuse at least once every decade. At least they didn't use this excuse back during the whole Spiderman-Clone fiasco - but by all accounts - that was one of the stupidest storylines they ever came up with anyway and they basically had to scrap the whole thing and say "OK, it did happen but it didn't really affect anything permanently and now everything is back to normal just like it should have always been".

Like I said, that is why I finally quit collecting comics back in the early 90's.</font>
</font>[/QUOTE]See,too much xmen.

Sir Degrader 02-28-2005 04:39 PM

Or, not enough.

Callum 03-01-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cerek:
My guess is that Wolverine will just be left out of X3 altogether. I was reading the latest news on the film the other day (just Google for X-Men movie and it will take you to a website with the latest info) and it looks like Nightcrawler will have more air-time in the 3rd movie. Also, as hinted at in the end of X2, X3 will focus primarily on the Pheonix saga, so it would be easy enough to leave Logan out of the storyline.

One can never have too much Nightcrawler *nods sagely*

He was always the coolest :D

Although wolverine was a close second, and seemed to be a "figurehead" almost for X-men and the X-men movies. At least among non-fanatics at any rate. Leaving Wolverine out will probably lose them a lot of viewers who aren't X-men fans anyway. (Especially as a lot of my friends say he's pretty fit [img]tongue.gif[/img] )