Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Did everyone begin as a noob on these forums? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92649)

Zuvio 01-03-2005 06:04 AM

Got it right now :D

RoSs_bg2_rox 01-03-2005 07:53 AM

My first posts were all in the BG2 forum, and they all sucked. I don't even want to see them again.

Dreamer128 01-03-2005 08:04 AM

Heh.. I got m #ss kicked in my first topic. I think it was in the BGII forum, and I argued that
Paladins were a stronger class then Rangers. Not a very populair opinion, as it turned out.

Dron_Cah 01-03-2005 11:16 AM

Hey, I like Paladins!! I also liked the interesting Dundee saying, "I'm on Jupiter, do ya think I'm stupider?" :D :D
One more thing, I noticed from these older posts that I preferred having no limit on the smilies per post! lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-03-2005 11:22 AM

my first posts were on the BG1 forum ^_^

Bahamut 01-03-2005 11:39 AM

My first post was on the blue board also... I forgot what it was about. I remember some dude spoiling info about Imoen in BG2. :D

All I know it was about BG2... amazing. ;)

JrKASperov 01-03-2005 12:35 PM

Never really felt like a n00b because I had been lurking around for 5 months. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Marty4 01-03-2005 12:59 PM

I got all the noob out of my system in another forum (forget where). To get my point across, I would say something like "No I'm not!", then copy and paste it repeatedly, then copy the whole page and paste IT repeatedly. If opening the page didn't crash your computer, then it took a long, long time to load.

Fortunately, I don't do that here.

Q'alooaith 01-03-2005 01:13 PM

Nope, I signed up to post, then didn't post for a long time again..

it was def in SoA though, well I'm pretty sure..

Though I only got the welcome wave smily on my second post.

Cloudbringer 01-03-2005 05:13 PM

My first posts were on the blue board as well.

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-03-2005 05:17 PM

Cloudbringer was never a real nub because she had 1k posts after 10 days [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 01-03-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rikard T'Aranaxz:
Cloudbringer was never a real nub because she had 1k posts after 10 days [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL, more like 3 months.. :D but HI RIKARD! *waves*

Vaskez 01-03-2005 06:01 PM

To answer the original question properly: I had already been posting on BGDungeon for a while before I came here: THAT was my first forum, so I was a noob there, not here.

Zarr 01-03-2005 06:24 PM

Hmmm... I remember my first post. It was in the BG2 forum wondering why Valygar couldn't backstab with his family katana, when he should be able to. Somebody (I forget who exactly but remember it was a mod) told me Valygar couldn't backstab as no Rangers could.

Of course this left me fairly confused as it said in the manuel Stalkers could "backstab like a thief". Dundee came and saved the day and explained that stalkers could backstab and that it was infact a bug with the katana fixed by the Baldurdash fixpack.

HOORAY FOR DUNDEE SLAYTERN! :D

I was a bit of a newb but overall I wasn't too bad! I just hope someone doesn't dig up my first posts and prove that statement to be false! :D

Absynthe 01-03-2005 07:26 PM

My first posts here were on the blue board, and if I recall I was talking to Cloudy about Christianity and D&D, as I was having a 'discussion' with my father at the time.
I got the noob out of my system at the 3DO boards years ago. Not that I'm much of a wiz kid now... They were a pretty good place, had some very creative people there. I even remember talking with Lord Brynne about cars. Kinda ironic, that.
No place feels like home the way IW does, though.

Maj 01-03-2005 09:08 PM

My first post was just asking for help with BG or something, if I remember correctly it was a bug of some sort.

I never had a welcome thread. :( I wish I had now... I'm so envious of all you who did.

I don't think I was ever too much of a noob, I've never posted enough. Plus I'm a quick learner. This was my very first forum and well always be my favorite! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ladyzekke 01-03-2005 09:24 PM

Well I found mine funny enough, was looking in the wrong place, the GD Archives, the BGII Archives is where it was:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=16;t=001799

LOL, I said "you will hear my battle cry" ROTFL. Oh man what an idiot, I was just waay into BGII at the time LOL (had never played anything like it before at the time). Turned out I did need to play more elsewhere and get more XPs before I conquered Firkraag, I was at a very low level when I first posted. That first post of mine was not only my first Ironworks post, but my first post ever to any forum on the net (and I did not do chatrooms either, never communicated with anyone using the internet). As you can see, I was welcomed warmly and given good advice, and it made me feel comfortable and I stayed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 01-03-2005 09:53 PM

LadyZ, thanks for reminding me it was the BG2 archives! I found the thread where I first posted and met you and BK and all the others. [img]smile.gif[/img] A male romance thread! LOL Of course. ;)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...6;t=003346;p=3

Hivetyrant 01-03-2005 10:05 PM

Wow, LadyZ and Cloudy were sooooo Noooby [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sounds like you had fun in that thread Cloudy :D Im suprised I havnt seen a thread like that lately in the BG2 forum [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:

Hey, HiveTyrant, notice that I graciously didn't post in your welcome thread, That's a true Vaskez welcome
Ahh so thats how it works.... Well thanks for the welcome ;) :D

[ 01-03-2005, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-03-2005 10:13 PM

funny to see i posted in all your start threads :/

Bahamut 01-04-2005 05:11 AM

Wow how I have changed over the years... LOL

Life's full of surprises. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Blunderbuss 01-04-2005 05:22 AM

My first ever post, just a few months ago:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...0;t=021268;p=1

I don't sound to nooby but then I wrote about 8 words in my two posts in the thread.

[ 01-04-2005, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: Blunderbuss ]

Link 01-04-2005 05:35 AM

My first post at Ironworks, at the Baldur's Gate 2 board. Like so many of us here, I was (and am!) a BG2 fanatic. Back then (almost four years ago!) I didn't know a thing about Baldur's Gate 2, let alone Ironworks and the fine community Dan had set up. And look at me now!! Blazing through the skies, being the pimpin' mofo that I am, top o' the foodchain around here ;)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=16;t=006238

Oh and ignore the sig, it was just a phase [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-04-2005, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Link ]

Aelia Jusa 01-04-2005 03:52 PM

One thing I found weird when I was a newbie, was that I read quite a lot of posts but I didn't post much myself. So I came to 'know' the posters quite a bit but no one knew me hardly at all. It was like eavesdropping on a lot of conversations that I wasn't involved in.

Zuvio 01-04-2005 04:33 PM

Ooo!! Voyeurism ;) :D
Well, me2, but when I started posting, I was still a n00ß ;)