Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Child Molester Guts Nads Cut Off! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89491)

Jorath Calar 03-03-2004 07:02 PM

rusty spoon would be better...

or dip them into acid... skin the b@$t@rd and throw him into a tub of salt... then acid... even industrial waste...

Ehmm... okey this is getting way to graphic...

But then again, if you have seen The Passion not much can shock you these days I guess...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Lord 03-03-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by InjaYew:
Forty kids? Oughta castrate the bastid from the neck up. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sometimes castration doesn't even work because the urges aren't physical. They're mental. Who else but a mentally ill, evil person would force sex on a child? Those people are lucky it's not me who decides their punishment. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
They're lucky it's not me either, cuz I'd throw up before handing out the sentence if I found out a guy was having sex with 40 other guys

LennonCook 03-04-2004 01:12 AM

<span style="color: lightblue">If he had the operation voluntarily, he is most probably sorry for what he did...
But, why should this punishment be reserved for child molesters? Why not ALL proven rapists?

Cienden 03-04-2004 04:52 AM

Eeeeesh is he ever sick! 40!? Should have been executed.

Gnarf 03-04-2004 05:14 AM

Quote:

a katana is far too sharp, thus negating much of the intended pain. Duh! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Not if you let someone really inexperienced handle the katana [img]smile.gif[/img]

Grojlach 03-04-2004 05:28 AM

I'm not sure what disgusts me more, a child molester or the above discussion. People always talk about upholding certain morals and values and pride themselves with the notion of being "civilised", but at the first sign of someone not upholding those standards in a shocking and lugubrious way, they all turn into little medieval torture-experts, lowering themselves to very questionable ethics in the process, mob mentality-style. Yes, this guy should be punished within the boundaries of the already existing laws; but not at the cost of someone else's degredation into eye-for-an-eye moralism (and taking away a part of the his/her humanity by fulfilling the mutilation), which in my opinion doesn't serve the general benefit of society *at all*. We'd like to think we're beyond all that, no?

On the other hand, the procedure described in the article itself is an interesting one; and while I can live with offering the opportunity to a chronic sex offender to undergo the procedure voluntarily (purely as a way to "cure" himself, not as an excuse to lower his prison term), it should not be forced on someone by default.

(oh, and Gangrell is correct on how the procedure is performed)

[ 03-04-2004, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]

Barry the Sprout 03-04-2004 10:21 AM

I'm afraid I've gotta go with Grojlach on this one. As much as I like the idea of maiming people in order to uphold moral values...

Raistlin Majere 03-04-2004 10:32 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Lord:
Quote:

Originally posted by InjaYew:
[qb] They're lucky it's not me either, cuz I'd throw up before handing out the sentence if I found out a guy was having sex with 40 other guys
you mean children, dont you? ;)

[ 03-04-2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

quietman1920 03-04-2004 12:02 PM

Cutting off appendages won't change how he thinks. If you want to apply surgery to the situation, it would have to be brain surgery to burn out the section of the brain that stimulates or controls sexual pleasure. Without desire driving him, he'd leave children alone. Castration just makes sure he doesn't use a penis, but he'd still have fingers & a tongue and those children would still be in danger.

OK. So I'm an Evil Bastard to even Think of such NAZI-esque surgical techniques. I'm also the father of a 7 year-old boy.

Rokenn 03-04-2004 01:15 PM

It's the IW lynchmob mentality Grojlach, I have long since grown used to it.

As someone that was molested as a young boy I would not wish this on the person that committed that act. People like this need help to overcome their addiction to underage sex, not torture.