Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Comic book PREVIEW! (Comic I am working on)!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85192)

Ziroc 04-15-2003 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
Was the series called "V" in other parts of the world?

The comic looks good Ziroc [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Na, it wasn't "V" (But I liked V!!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

War of the Worlds was a short TV series that ran from 1989-1990 (2 seasons) and was based after the 1953 invasion (The series took the War of the Worlds MOVIE as real, and based the series in the 1989 era. It was based on a small group of people (Blackwood Project) that went after the aliens. Since 1953, the aliens were sealed into steel drums, but were opened in 1989 and radiation re-animated them, and they began anew.

Sir Goulum 04-15-2003 05:37 PM

Looking good, Z! [img]smile.gif[/img]

SomeGuy 04-15-2003 06:26 PM

I like it! Much better then my stick figure comics. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Xero279 04-15-2003 07:59 PM

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Lookin good Z! Plan on releasin it to the public? or online? or what. )

antryg 04-15-2003 10:30 PM

Not the barrels! Anything but those stupid steel drums! Just watch, the next thing you know there is going to be an Indian and a guy in a wheelchair. :D

In answer to your question Z; I remember the series and watched it every week. The comic looks good and am waiting for more.

Ziroc 04-15-2003 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xero279:
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Lookin good Z! Plan on releasin it to the public? or online? or what. )
Yep! [img]smile.gif[/img] This one will be released in June, and the other (A more cartoonish Comic with all my original comic characters) will be released Friday!

It'll be free to read online, but I will be selling paper-based version, and I'll even autograph each copy!

So if you guys would like a copy, let me know, so I can get an idea of how many copies I'll need to produce. The cost will be around $10 I think. (For this current issue, since it has 38 pages and is a 'Yearbook') but future issues will have a smaller page-count, and cost less. [img]smile.gif[/img]

TheCrimsomBlade 04-15-2003 10:47 PM

Comic looks good with the olive colored grays and they only have too arms and too eyes where the aliens in war of the Worlds had three Eyes and arms in the series and in the movie too. The barrels are a total rip off from the series but that's cool and the art work is great,nice work!

Ziroc 04-15-2003 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Comic looks good with the olive colored grays and they only have too arms and too eyes where the aliens in war of the Worlds had three Eyes and arms in the series and in the movie too. The barrels are a total rip off from the series but that's cool and the art work is great,nice work!
The aliens from that series were.. um, stupid looking [img]smile.gif[/img] . That is the only real change--and I am going by season 1, and in this version, season 2 never took place (because season 2 ruined the show).

The barrels aren't a ripoff! [img]smile.gif[/img] As I said, it's BASED on the show! We have Blackwood, the Advocates, Admiral Wilson, and all the other good stuff! :D

I did change the aliens, and their base is in a different location (It's in an underground abandoned Army base) and not in a cavern in the Nevada desert. [img]smile.gif[/img]

More screenshots to come!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gangrell 04-16-2003 09:31 PM

Looks like you're set Z, hope all goes well and it becomes a big hit. I'd like to get a copy when you get finished with it, but how about we say $5 and cat treats for choc? :D

Take care bud

Bahamut 04-16-2003 11:12 PM

WOW! It looks great! you drew all this? Whoa... Man, everything compliments to each other... great work.. ;)