Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   To all Aussies out there ... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83531)

Lanesra 01-11-2003 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leonis:
But yes, we do have winged monkeys. And drop bears....

Of course - the drop bears - that brings back memories of us as kids - staring intently up at the top of coconut palms - dashing from open space to open space - warning tourists of the dangers and how to take proper precautions.

That Bundy ad with the drop bear really cracks me up every time I see it ;) .

And we didn't have any winged monkeys were I can from - but we surehad many flying foxes :D .

And Lanesra, as usual, has his facts all about face [img]smile.gif[/img] - the Queen has a lot of respect and is the titular head of state, but she does not run the country.

Amd why OZ - well the abbreviation for Australian is Aussie (pronounced Ozzie), so the Land of Oz is a logical extension.
</font>[/QUOTE]Lanesra casts...Davros bites..reel him in, [img]smile.gif[/img] I knew that,but you shouldn't call YOUR queen a titular, it's not nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

GokuZool 01-11-2003 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slizerio:
Yes we do have an abundance of munchkins. And we do have a wicked witch. Only we call her "Nicole Kidman".
Awww she's not that bad :rolleyes:

Yorick 01-11-2003 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slizerio:
Yes we do have an abundance of munchkins. And we do have a wicked witch. Only we call her "Nicole Kidman".
No that's the good witch.
You're thinking of Pauline Hanson... but she melted away. ;)

karlosovic 01-12-2003 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Night Stalker:
Does your Prime Minister(President or whatever the country leader is) run the country from behind a curtain?
depends what you mean, but I'd say he does [img]tongue.gif[/img] (the stupid @%^#&$ &$%@@@$% ^$@$^&#@#$)

karlosovic 01-12-2003 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yorick:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Slizerio:

No that's the good witch.
You're thinking of Pauline Hanson... but she melted away. ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]OMG I was gonna say that. actually I've had an 'omg about every comment someone has made I think... lol

drop bears lol, bundy has the best ads huh

Quote:

Then again, Brits don't think we speak English in America.
you don't speak english, but american is strikingly similar at times ;)

ps. we really do have flying foxes (not sure how well known they are) but they're not what you might think (or are they ?)

wellard 01-12-2003 07:33 AM

Have you ever been asked, seriously

" Do womBATS really fly "?

stunned for ten minutes, speechless the rest of the day.

wellard 01-12-2003 07:37 AM

[/QUOTE]No the prime minister dosen't run the country, the queen does that from Great britain. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

OUCH!

but then the truth always hurts

[img]graemlins/queen.gif[/img]

Sever 01-12-2003 07:51 AM

Ah yes. Osstralia. Land of shrimps and polar bears that fall from tropical palms. Home sweet home.

Baros 01-13-2003 07:25 AM

Aussie baiting [img]smile.gif[/img]

IT's good to be back.

And we won a test match...

(And before anyone says anything. One word - Twickenham)

Night Stalker 01-13-2003 01:16 PM

Thank all for enlightening me! And for keeping in the light spirit of things.

To wrap up some things .....

Yes, I know what a foxbat is, and that wombats don't fly.

If you have a wicked witch, she must be the Wicked Witch of the South, we definatly have the Wicked Witch of the West - Hilary Clinton (we almost can't truely blame Slick Willie)!

And we do speak English in America - as do Aussies, Canadians, South Africans, New Zealanders, and of course ... Brits. It's called a dialect, something not independant enough to call it a separate language on it's own. Although, those from Newark still don't speak English.

Cheers All! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

[ 01-13-2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Night Stalker ]