Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Euro 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90297)

johnny 06-21-2004 04:56 AM

No, the players who are considered the best are not even playing, they are on the bench. I'm talking about Sneijder, who practically singlehandedly made the difference in the decisive game against Scotland, and Roy Makaay, the man who scores important goals, anywhere, anytime. Sneijder got some playtime against Germany, and Holland got a grip on the game right away. Makaay hasn't seen a single minute of playtime yet.

The coach HAS to go. His contract lasts another two years. We are playing the Czechs AGAIN in the qualificationrounds for the next worldcup. If he doesn't get sacked, we will fail to make it there for the second time in a row.

uss 06-21-2004 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:

uss - just a tip: to vouch for something means to assure us of their reliability or quality. Is that really what you wanted to say about Latvia?

Uhh, ehh, well.. yeah, that too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But what I *also* meant is that I'll be cheering for those guys. ;)

[ 06-21-2004, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: uss ]

GokuZool 06-21-2004 07:54 AM

Portugal 1-0 Spain

*in a state of indescribable happiness* :D

Black Baron 06-21-2004 08:41 AM

Pfui. I wanted spain to win the Euro. Now, it seems that i should support Chechoslovakia (sp?). [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-21-2004, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Black Baron ]

Vaskez 06-21-2004 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Black Baron:
Pfui. I wanted spain to win the Euro. Now, it seems that i should support Chechoslovakia (sp?). [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Your post should be checked not just for spelling but for political correctness [img]tongue.gif[/img] Where you been man? Czechoslovakia split up into Czech Republic and Slovakia years ago! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Black Baron 06-21-2004 10:24 AM

All the same to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Leaning WW2 24-7 does things to your mind... :D

Vedran 06-21-2004 12:04 PM

Bozos, ti si naš? Što ne veliš, odakle si?

Vaskez, I hope your hopes will be sundered today. Let Portugal be rid of hooligans!

Vaskez 06-21-2004 02:07 PM

LOL wouldn't it be great if all gaps in knowledge could be glossed over by a simple "all the same to me"? Like at a job interview, you could use that line. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

johnny 06-21-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vedran:

Vaskez, I hope your hopes will be sundered today. Let Portugal be rid of hooligans!

They already are, the Spanish got knocked out yesterday.

Bozos of Bones 06-21-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vedran:

E, ja sam iz Zagreba, i eto javljam sa suzom u oku:
The battle is lost. We fought bravely and valiantly, but it was for naught. Gotta hand it to the english, they always seem to be in the right places, damn it!