Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   CLoudy's Cafe-1/26/02 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73181)

Aelia Jusa 02-03-2002 06:27 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Neb:

We got a bit of snow a few days ago here in Denmark, now the weather's starting to get warm though, anyone else getting warm weather?
<hr></blockquote>

Just slightly. It was nice for a while but now it's stinky again :( I wish it snowed here in winter.

Neb 02-03-2002 06:29 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Just slightly. It was nice for a while but now it's stinky again :( I wish it snowed here in winter.
<hr></blockquote>

Don't wish for it, snow can be such a pain, at least you've got lots of nice beach and sea [img]smile.gif[/img]

We don't have much of that here :(

How dangerous is the ocean near Australia anyway? You hear lots of stuff about sharks and jellyfish, but how much of it is true?

Aelia Jusa 02-03-2002 06:32 PM

How dangerous is the ocean near Australia anyway? You hear lots of stuff about sharks and jellyfish, but how much of it is true?
<hr></blockquote>

Most of it actually. There are a lot of dangerous things in the oceans. Actually there has been a lot of brouhaha about shark nets lately, environmentalists want to get rid of them because dolphins etc get caught in them, but most people only care about whether they can go swimming any time they like and whereever they like.

Neb 02-03-2002 06:34 PM

Most of it actually. There are a lot of dangerous things in the oceans. Actually there has been a lot of brouhaha about shark nets lately, environmentalists want to get rid of them because dolphins etc get caught in them, but most people only care about whether they can go swimming any time they like and whereever they like.
<hr></blockquote>

Too bad that so few care about the native sea creatures, what's it like away from the ocean? Are there any australian land-living creatures who are in danger from such idiocy?

Aelia Jusa 02-03-2002 06:38 PM

Too bad that so few care about the native sea creatures, what's it like away from the ocean? Are there any australian land-living creatures who are in danger from such idiocy?
<hr></blockquote>

Yeah well a lot of animals are endangered so they are protected. But so many people don't care, like my pop used to say what good is a crocodile/snake/etc? Like they are only good if he has some use for them. Don't worry that they are an essential part of the ecosystem and if they weren't there there would be too many of other creatures who are their prey. Sigh. Do you have a lot of wildlife in Denmark?

Neb 02-03-2002 06:46 PM

Yeah well a lot of animals are endangered so they are protected. But so many people don't care, like my pop used to say what good is a crocodile/snake/etc? Like they are only good if he has some use for them. Don't worry that they are an essential part of the ecosystem and if they weren't there there would be too many of other creatures who are their prey. Sigh. Do you have a lot of wildlife in Denmark?
<hr></blockquote>

Denmark? Nah, not really, mostly just birds, foxes and squirrels, pretty boring place, not even many forests or more than a few big lakes...

Just fields and fields and more fields.

I wish we had more forests here, does anyone else here really LOVE forests?

Aelia Jusa 02-03-2002 06:49 PM

Denmark? Nah, not really, mostly just birds, foxes and squirrels, pretty boring place, not even many forests or more than a few big lakes...

Just fields and fields and more fields.

I wish we had more forests here, does anyone else here really LOVE forests?
<hr></blockquote>

I like forests better than beaches. I hate the way sand gets in everything and you're still getting sand out for the next week :D

Neb 02-03-2002 06:51 PM

I like forests better than beaches. I hate the way sand gets in everything and you're still getting sand out for the next week :D
<hr></blockquote>

Want me to help you clean all of the sand off of you? ;)

Anywayz, I'm off to bed, may you all sleep well and have pleasant dreams!

Aelia Jusa 02-03-2002 06:52 PM

Want me to help you clean all of the sand off of you? ;)

Anywayz, I'm off to bed, may you all sleep well and have pleasant dreams!
<hr></blockquote>

LOL uh... maybe next time [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Night Nebby [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Galadria 02-03-2002 09:28 PM

Darn, I'm never here when ther interesting conversations happen.