Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread--Part IV (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79689)

Ar-Cunin 06-25-2002 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
No creativity, no talent, no superstars and yet they made it to the finals. How do they keep doing that ?
Maybe they aren't as 'creative' as Brazil, but

no talent??? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] , and

no superstar?? - Oliver Kahn comes pretty close [img]smile.gif[/img]

good organisation, teamspirit and the best goalkeeper in the world may just have something to do with it ;)

Dundee Slaytern 06-25-2002 09:57 AM

/me idly wonders if the subtle message in his previous previous previous post was lost on some people... ...

[ 06-25-2002, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

johnny 06-25-2002 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
after watching this game i am completely AMAZED a team like south korea got to the freaking SEMIFINALS OF THE WORLD CUP!!! its a 2nd division side at best. good calls by the referee, and theyre out. oh well, and now we have to endure the pain of watching germany against brazil. a no win case, ill be trying hard for both of them to lose, somehow... :D
Aren't you forgetting one tiny detail ? Turkey ?

johnny 06-25-2002 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
No creativity, no talent, no superstars and yet they made it to the finals. How do they keep doing that ?

Maybe they aren't as 'creative' as Brazil, but

no talent??? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] , and

no superstar?? - Oliver Kahn comes pretty close [img]smile.gif[/img]

good organisation, teamspirit and the best goalkeeper in the world may just have something to do with it ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]Oliver Kahn is a superstar, yes, But he is also a goalie and goalies don't score goals. They work hard, yes, but so does my mother. I think it's mostly luck. What really tough opponents did they face so far ? Name one.

Ar-Cunin 06-25-2002 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Oliver Kahn is a superstar, yes, But he is also a goalie and goalies don't score goals. They work hard, yes, but so does my mother. I think it's mostly luck. What really tough opponents did they face so far ? Name one.
That is hardly their fault - you don't get to choose your opponents - and their 2-0 victory over Cameroun while playing with 10 men for over an hour was impressive.

Helspanth 06-25-2002 01:12 PM

So korea is out. :D
I can't say I am sorry for them... [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Ze Germans have reached their 7th final in the world cup history.
If Brazil makes it(I have my fingers crossed I can't see the turks in the final)it will be the first time these two sides meet ever!
Anyway to todays match.It seems that korea's "luck" has run out.SO strange that this happened against a european referee,isn't it?
@Groj
You wouldn't know the team I support in Greece.It is called Aris Thessaloniki.
Panathinaikos is from Athens

johnny 06-25-2002 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Helspanth:
So korea is out. :D
I can't say I am sorry for them... [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Ze Germans have reached their 7th final in the world cup history.
If Brazil makes it(I have my fingers crossed I can't see the turks in the final)it will be the first time these two sides meet ever!
Anyway to todays match.It seems that korea's "luck" has run out.SO strange that this happened against a european referee,isn't it?
@Groj
You wouldn't know the team I support in Greece.It is called Aris Thessaloniki.
Panathinaikos is from Athens

It was me who asked that question, and i do know Aris Saloniki. Are their fans just as (in)famous as the ones from PAOK ? Man, they're fanatic on your island ! :D

Yorick 06-25-2002 02:48 PM

I can't believe some of you guys are still pushing the conspiracy speculation.

Get over it.

Lanthir 06-25-2002 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
after watching this game i am completely AMAZED a team like south korea got to the freaking SEMIFINALS OF THE WORLD CUP!!! its a 2nd division side at best. good calls by the referee, and theyre out. oh well, and now we have to endure the pain of watching germany against brazil. a no win case, ill be trying hard for both of them to lose, somehow... :D
Does that mean that Spain Portugal and poland are at best second divison or are they third since Sk beat the? Do tell [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kakero 06-25-2002 11:40 PM

So, what happen if Turkey beat Brazil tonight, will people start making allegation of conspiracy against them too? [img]tongue.gif[/img]