Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe- a conversation zone, 10-27-02 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82152)

Sio 10-29-2002 08:59 AM

Woooohooo im home! im home! finished college early today :D

Now I gottainstall a ton of stuff on my comp :(
Because I had to redo the comp 2 days ago, a full wipe, new partition and OS - the works! cause I had damm VXD's poping up all over again runing system toold and various prgrams like Outlook and UT2003, I guess it is a bug in Windows ME upgrade from 98 but ive gotten rid of the upgraded version now and gotten full ME OS with no 98 links whatsoever so heres wishing me trouble free pc for a while :D *crosses fingers*

Calaethis Dragonsbane 10-29-2002 09:05 AM

Lo all, lol, still at college, what r u all up to? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 10-29-2002 09:07 AM

*waves and blows kisses to her Nachty*

Sio, um....didn't they teach you that you don't walk through a door or wall, you open the door!? [img]smile.gif[/img] LOL I hope you feel better now, it does sound painful even if we are chuckling about the situation today. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hi Attalus, Piestrider is growing? LOL I bet- teens have a frightening tendency to do that! And at 4'10 3/4" tall, I NOTICE when they grow over a short time! :D

Attalus 10-29-2002 09:14 AM

Hi, Cloudy [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Piestrider is already up to 5'8", and still growing. He is now taller than <font color=lavender>Galadria</font> much to her dismay. I don't know, though, if he will catch me. (6'2"). Better hair, though. ;)

Azred 10-29-2002 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
Is there anywhere around Dallas where you can get good andouille sausage that you have heard of?
<font color = lightgreen>You might try browsing around Central Market and their wonderful selection of meats. There is one at the corner of 190 (the Bush tollway) and Coit (in Plano) and another somewhere on Greenville Avenue (I think). Actually, they have a great selection of just about everything. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

Today is the anniversary of the beginning of the Great Depression here in the US. Back then, just like today, the only people who lost money in the stock market were the speculators who think they can time or predict the market swings for a quick profit. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]

I solved all the clues from the Push, Nevada show, but the really hard-core Push fanatics flooded the phone line before me. Alas, but I am not in the running for the grand prize. Oh, well. I'm waiting for the second season of 24 beginning tonight.... [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

[ 10-29-2002, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Azred ]

Attalus 10-29-2002 09:57 AM

Thanks, <font color=lightgreen>Azred</font>. I check that out when I get to Big D again. Are <font color=red>Belle</font> and T.J. doing well? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Calaethis Dragonsbane 10-29-2002 10:17 AM

Hi Att, ur well I trust ;) and the rest? erm meaning Lady G and c.. ;) lol. stupid college [img]tongue.gif[/img] ah well... pity you cant take a course in Baldurs Gate [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehehehehhe. j/k.

Cloudbringer 10-29-2002 10:18 AM

*cuts antryg a slice of turkey and adds a hunk of stuffing and a slice of apple pie* Now now, don't drink too much of that toilet water, it'll spoil your appetite! ;)

Sazerac 10-29-2002 10:23 AM

Good morning, all! It's my wife's birthday today. :D

Quote:

[/qb]
Yeah, Piestrider is definitely growing, to judge from his appetite. He's a sophomore in high school, and that's when I got my last growing spurt. Is there anywhere around Dallas where you can get good andouille sausage that you have heard of? <font color=lavender>Galadria</font> has the recipe for a killer Gumbo Ya-Ya (no okra! ;) ) and she hasn't made it because it calls for andoille.[/QUOTE]

Hm, I would think any of the large grocery stores in Dallas would have it, like Tom Thumb. I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with, though. I know it's pretty popular in Dallas (andouille, I mean.)

Cheers,
-Sazerac

antryg 10-29-2002 11:39 AM

Quote:

. Is there anywhere around Dallas where you can get good andouille sausage that you have heard of? <font color=lavender>Galadria</font> has the recipe for a killer Gumbo Ya-Ya (no okra! ;) ) and she hasn't made it because it calls for andoille.[/QB]
Azred is correct about Central Market having andouille sausage. I got it from the one in Plano on Coit Rd. just North of 190 (George Bush Turnpike). If you go there try some paciugo (Italian gelato). That's where my youngest sprout works (see Solerift website, He's the bass player).
Other great things to use andouille in are red beans and rice and in jambalaya with chicken. CAJUN food forever!
P.S. If you aren't going to put okra in the gumbo then at least fry some. 'Tis
a noble food (if not boiled) and a fit repast.