Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe-a conversation zone, May 14, 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90098)

Attalus 05-27-2004 02:19 PM

Sorry to hear you aren't coming here, Wellard, but since the terroism threat level is up, perhaps it wopuldn't be prudent, anyway. Hmm, cool this morning, too, with a brisk breeze. This can't last!

Lady Blue03 05-27-2004 03:42 PM

<font color=pink>You do that Hiero, and come back and talk to me when technology catches up to you :D My friend got the pics from Disneyland developed today, so I'll post a couple on Stealthy's when she drops them off and you can see how clear it is! HAH!

Anyway...the dark clouds have finally left and SoCal has returned to its usual blistering hot summer...two things on my agenda today- first, wash my car, and second, get rid of my tan line :D </font>

The Hierophant 05-27-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>You do that Hiero, and come back and talk to me when technology catches up to you :D My friend got the pics from Disneyland developed today, so I'll post a couple on Stealthy's when she drops them off and you can see how clear it is! HAH!
</font>

Oh my God! You guys have those camera machine things over in the States? The ones that can paint your whole picture in just a few seconds? WOW!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And of course it looks clear sweetie darling, you're directly beneath the smog and the light doesn't refract off've it. But drive out from under it for a second or get an aerial view and you'll change your tune ;)

Lady Blue03 05-27-2004 06:06 PM

<font color=pink>Hey now smarty pants, I fly out of LAX at least twice a year...and I agree! But it's not always there, just like there's not always a marine layer over San Diego...

Now, shall we claim a truce? :D </font>

The Hierophant 05-27-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>Now, shall we claim a truce? :D </font>
By all means [img]smile.gif[/img] S'been a pleasure scrappin' wid cha :D

Sigmar 05-28-2004 04:57 AM

Hello there.

...What a relief, the cafe is still here, I thought "Starbucks" would have bought it out by now. They must be investing into their research in bubble-bath cappachino.

Saw "Once upon a time in the west", bit overrated I think, "The good, the bad and the ugly" is still the best of Sergio's work IMO.

[ 05-28-2004, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Kaltia 05-28-2004 07:50 AM

I'm seventeen and six days old today! *Dances*

Sigmar 05-28-2004 07:53 AM

...happy 17 and 6 days birthday Kaltia!

...bit unorthodox, but I suppose it's a clever way of working in more days in the year dedicated to recieving presents.

Anyways, hope you had a good birthday Kaltia. :D

Sat any AS level exams yet?

(ROFL BTW the Simpson's line in your sig is one of my two favourite lines :D )

[ 05-28-2004, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Kaltia 05-28-2004 08:01 AM

Ick, AS's. I've sat my General Studies, got English Literature on Monday, Classical Civilisations on Tuesday and History on Thursday. I only do four AS levels because my GCSE's were below par for a grammar school.

I actually saw the Simpson's quote before I saw the episode of the Simpsons it came from [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

*Bounces cheerfully* So what've you been up to since we last chatted?

EDIT: Same goes for the rest of ya, too ;) . And hi to anyone I don't recognise!

[ 05-28-2004, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

Sigmar 05-28-2004 08:14 AM

Only 4, the maximum we can do here is 4!

I've sat my Spanish oral exam, nothing serious yet, the rest are in a week and a couple of days time.

Don't you find the way they space the exams out really annoying.

I mean it's bad enough I have to sit each of my three Chemistry exams in the same morning, one after the other, but those are preceded by my two Spanish writing exams, all in the same morning!

Which examination board does your school use (we use AQA and OCR)?

"I actually saw the Simpson's quote before I saw the episode of the Simpsons it came from"

Well you still managed to spell it incorrectly, :rollseyes:
it should be- "DE GAWGALS, DEY DO NOTHING!" ;)

What have I been up to? Nothing really, been living a fairly boring existance dedicated to notes, revision and coursework. Honestly, I can now spend the better half of an hour debating and discussing the advantages and disadvantages of inorganic fertilisers as opposed to organic, and which pesticide is more appropiate in which scenario. I.Want.To.Die. ;)

On the upside I got me motorbike, and no longer have to use the buses here in Gib (which look like WW2 throwbacks).

What about yourself?

[ 05-28-2004, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]