Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, Hoping FRANCES doesn't hit our Chochome (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91480)

Ilander 09-07-2004 01:22 PM

I haven't tried gaming out yet on a wireless connection...I should, but the thing is, I tend to play LAN games, instead of across the internet, so I'm not sure it would help me all that much.

For some reason, a wifi network occaisionally shows up in my dorm room, and I'm not sure where it comes from, and it's unprotected. I don't think I should connect to it, but I also don't know why in the world someone would have a 802.11g network open to strangers....hmmm.

aleph_null1 09-07-2004 01:42 PM

Happens all the time to me too, Ilander, though not in my room: I go out onto my balcony & can pick up a WiFi connection from the wing across from me in the dorm (yes, I know whose it is).

It's key, since this is a nonsmoking dorm, so I just take my laptop out onto the balcony & get wireless [img]tongue.gif[/img]

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-07-2004 01:48 PM

Hmm. Some people don't care for security.Stupid really. Others dont understand it or know how to set it up, it can be quite confusing with routers.

Attalus 09-07-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>Wee, on the wireless network at my school :D But for some reason the electrics outlets in my little desk won't work *frowns* how am I supposed to play wc3 at school if the battery poops out on me? [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>
The short answer is that you are not supposed to play wc3 or anything else fun at school. [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] Sorry to hear your dad is still behaving badly, Jen.

Lady Blue03 09-07-2004 02:46 PM

<font color=pink>ya ya I know I'm not supposed to have fun at school [img]tongue.gif[/img] , but I came here a few hours early to escape another confrontation with my father *mutters* I'm doing philosophy homework right now, almost done. I can't connect to wc3 over the wireless anyway because of the damn firewall the school put up. Poo [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

Sir Goulum 09-07-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
Hey Sir Goulum, wont Ipods be out of fashion by the time you save up enough money? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Er.....be quiet. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ilander 09-07-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>ya ya I know I'm not supposed to have fun at school [img]tongue.gif[/img] , but I came here a few hours early to escape another confrontation with my father *mutters* I'm doing philosophy homework right now, almost done. I can't connect to wc3 over the wireless anyway because of the damn firewall the school put up. Poo [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>
What about me?

Cloudbringer 09-07-2004 11:01 PM

We've got a wireless network at my place and most newer games play fine in multiplay but the older ones like BG2 won't connect to outside players unless we disconnect the router and only the one machine plugged into the modem can access the game for multiplay.

Dron_Cah 09-07-2004 11:15 PM

Argh, no WC3!? Sad days, Jenn! [img]tongue.gif[/img] That is too bad about your dad, though. Good luck. I just got back from the visitation, tonight, and Mikey and his siblings are taking it very well. 'Cept his sister, who had a couple of seizures while I was there. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Well, I just realized I left my tennies in my car, and I'm debating if I want to walk there tonight and get them... Just decided not to! :D