Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, October 12, 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91893)

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-15-2004 03:27 PM

Lol. They are all portable! Well it depends, are you looking to put a lot of songs on at once? Or say a few hundred which you could change every few days?

Cloudbringer 10-15-2004 03:32 PM

hmm, I'm not sure, never having had one! What's the difference? I'm assuming the types are not interchangeable, right? Also, any info on batteries or plug in capacity etc would be good!

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-15-2004 04:14 PM

Well, small mp3 players (memory based ones) usually use disposable batteries, where as hard drive ones have there own rechanrgable ones. (like say a digi cam battery or something)

The difference basically is the memory based ones are smaller, yet dont hold as much and dont have as much features, where as the hard disks are larger, cost more, but hold more and have bigger screens and lots of features. Personally I prefer Hard Disks, having had both, although the hard disk ones are starting to become smaller and soon will likely be the same size as the small ones.

Bungleau 10-15-2004 04:21 PM

Greetz, all. Meant to post this earlier today, but I forgot.

My wife called me into the garage this morning, where she pointed to a wastebasket with a hinged lid on it that happens to be in there. She asked me to take a look, because she thought there was an animal in there.

I missed the brain flash to ask me what I would do if there indeed was an animal in there... so I walked over and opened it, not sure what I'd see.

There was a little grey mouse in there. He'd apparently climbed across the lid and gotten caught when he stepped on the hinged part. He'd been there a bit (or been scared a bit), judging by the mouse poop in the bottom of the trash can.

The kids, of course, had to see him (her?) and asked if we could keep Mousie (great! buy her an American Girl doll, and a week later it isn't named. Catch a rotten field mouse, and in less than a minute, it's named).

I decided we weren't going to keep Mousie, and decided to take him for a short walk to the park at the end of our street. The kids had to accompany me, so away we went. Before leaving, my wife asked why I didn't just kill it. Thoughts of "exactly how do I do that? I'm no mousetrap" and "kids, don't pay attention to what I'm about to do" crossed my mind, and I decided to let him live... somewhere else.

We made it down to the park with one minor interruption (a neighbor's dog who was loose and barking loudly), and set him free. Bye bye, Mousie!

'Course, he's probably owl food by now, but you never know...

And I did think of you, LB, but I couldn't figure out an effective way to send him to Mitch without getting the post office mad at me [img]smile.gif[/img]

There. Now back to your regular afternoon Cafe... [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

Attalus 10-15-2004 04:45 PM

LoL, I'm the official mouse-killer around here.

Lady Blue03 10-15-2004 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
And I did think of you, LB, but I couldn't figure out an effective way to send him to Mitch without getting the post office mad at me [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color=pink>I was thinking of Mitch when I read that :D Coincidently, a day ago I found this grey mouse sitting on the bottom shelf of our pantry. It was alive and breathing rather hard for some reason...and it wasn't running away...so I went and got my snakey and set him down in front of it. Bye bye mousey :D

Well, I've made it to the final battle in KotOR...Malak is whooping me with those jedi he steals life from (but in fact i steal their life before he can, haha!)...Imma post this little problem in its own thread though ;) </font>

aleph_null1 10-15-2004 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
LoL, I'm the official mouse-killer around here.
You've no idea; my dorm is so full of mice that I rarely go two weeks without killing one of the things in my own room.

I think part of it is that the building's under permanent construction (the thing's well over 100 years old now), and the little guys seem fond of dust or something...

Luvian 10-15-2004 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:

Hmmm... Im thinking hard about this one. Should I play Warcraft 3 again? I mean I am so bored, Morrowind can wait, I'm sure a couple of games wont hurt...

Is Warcraft 3 in real time? </font>[/QUOTE]Warcraft 3 is a RPS, or rather, real time strategy game... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-15-2004, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]

Link 10-15-2004 06:20 PM

What's an RPS? Real Person Shooter?

Honestly, the Warcraft III I was playing involved building bases and defeating orcs [img]tongue.gif[/img] You have got to get me the version you're playing!

Lady Blue03 10-15-2004 07:26 PM

<font color=pink>I think Luv meant RTS, hehe

Well, I beat KotOR ^^. I was really cheap too. Like since my jedi was a scoundrel she can't take his light saber hits, so I ran from him after killing all his jedi and cast "kill" when he was really far away...then I would run more, and repeat. He never touched me :D

Now I get to go to work in an hour, woopee!</font>